Front End Engineer - exciting UI development team
Can you help to improve global supply chain logistics? Are you excited to work on a platform that handles millions of people booking and tracking shipments around the globe? In this role, you will have long-term ownership of one or more applications (e.g. booking a shipment), covering build, test, transition and operation for Maersk's customer-facing systems.
Do you want to be supported in your development as a software engineer? You will work alongside other developers learning from them and from the wider Maersk technology teams around the world. We pride ourselves on our brands and identity that builds on our heritage. This role is an opportunity to be part of Maersk's digital evolution.
Together, your skills will be applied to applications built in both old and new frameworks and architectures; from server-side rendered applications using Backbone JS to SPAs built in VueJS, backed by modern APIs.
|Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Front End Developer, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakehold-ers across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Application Development, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working
|The role will involve:|
• Hands-on implementation of client-side code
• Practising effective agile software development; participating in pair programming, regular communication and supporting a culture of end to end ownership.
• Following software standards to ensure quality throughout the development lifecycle
• Build new capability across the team toolset, including writing tests and reviewing code for other team members.
• Taking part in sprint planning, backlog refinement and task estimation
• Responsible for the quality and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of your own work
• Participation in the elaboration of user stories (technical and functional). Agree stories are sufficiently described for their implementation, verification and delivery.
• Working collaboratively; pairing on tasks, peer review of team members’ code and constructive feedback for improvement in both the code base and team capability (blame free feedback)
• Keeping builds green by writing testable code
• Active participation in retrospectives to make continual improvements within your team
• Technical support during release activities
|Who we are looking for|
• Ability to manage your own task progress and communicate issues to product management and testers
• Good critical reasoning and analytical skills; takes ownership and sticks to the problem until it is solved
• Having a can-do attitude and being comfortable with tight delivery deadlines and managing priorities
• Customer-focused, whether responding to support queries or developing new features and functionality
• Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
• Solid written and verbal communication skills. Able to articulate technical issues to peers
• Experience of web user interface development in a commercial or open-source setting. Providing links to your work is a bonus
• Some hands-on experience of using a front-end development framework, such as Angular, Vue or React. Our preference is Vue, but experience in any of them is a plus.
• The ability to write front-end code to be cross-browser and cross-device friendly through responsive or adaptive techniques
Nice to have
• Working with and contributing to open source projects
• Experience developing UIs for multi-lingual websites, including Arabic and Chinese languages
• Experience using Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) systems for deployment
• Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)
|>||Last application date: 14 February 2020.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||Maersk is an equal opportunities employer. You can find our statement on equal opportunities at https://www.maersk.com/en/procurement/responsible-procurement/labour-and-human-rights/equal-opportunity|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|