Self Service Instant Booking Feature Team Lead
|Maersk is strengthening its software development organisation, focusing on driving predictability, reducing cost of ownership and increasing agility in our technology. We are looking for a Feature Team Lead with strong leadership, Java development skills, and experience working in Agile projects to help shape development within Maersk Technology.|
Can you help to improve global supply chain logistics? Are you excited to work on platforms that handles millions of bookings and transactions? In this role, you will have long-term ownership of one or more applications, including build, test, transition and operation for Maersk's customer-facing systems using the latest technical stack.
Are you passionate about designing and developing Java API’s following the best practices? You will be involved in developing and working in an Agile and CI/CD environment to develop API’s that will help deliver core functionalities across the organisation. You will work in an environment where new ideas and processes will be welcome.
The Feature Team Lead is the technical anchor of the team and is responsible for driving the team towards the successful technical delivery of features.
They are involved in upcoming feature related discussion that would become a distraction to the wider team. They are responsible for setting the technical vision and approach for the feature development and will become the go-to person for issues related to a specific set of features.
In addition to these responsibilities; the Feature Team Lead is hands on with the design and development of change.
The feature team lead will be responsible for the implementation quality and will ensure that the correct procedures are in place to assure (code and feature) quality
|Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Feature Team Lead, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Product Service and Engineering, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working
|The most critical tasks for the Feature Team Lead are|
• Ensuring upcoming features have appropriate implementation designs allowing the teams to commit to delivery; including component and external interface sketch designs
• Ensuring the product has an appropriate technical roadmap to support future enhancement and maintain a reasonable cost of future change
• Appropriately embracing new and emerging technologies and solutions to ensure that the product remains relevant
• Forming strong and trusted relationship with the Product Owner; ensuring that the Product Owner is fully aware of the technical capabilities and shortcomings of the product allowing for sensible technical investment and debt repayment decisions
• Build strong collaborative relationships with developers, architects, designers, UX experts, external agencies, vendor staff and partners.
• Influencing the Product Delivery Lead to ensure that the team is appropriately designed, size and staffed accordingly
• Drive agile thinking and ways of working to maximise collaboration and value creation
• Increase release cadence and quality through automated delivery pipeline implementation; focusing on the reduction of time to value while minimising defect leakage
• Hands-on software design, architecture, development & maintenance.
• Work across teams to define efficient solutions and implementation strategies to create highly cohesive implementation across products
• Contribute to architectural discussions, influence architectural outcomes
• Mentor more junior staff in the software development method; coding and testing techniques
|Who we are looking for|
|The key skills that will be required by the Feature Team Lead|
• Highly skilled technician
• Highly skilled in writing clean, reusable and efficient code that is easy to read
• Highly skilled in writing unit & integration tests across all components; an advocate for automated testing
• Deep knowledge and understanding of technology; a person who stays relevant with the latest technology advancements and trends
• Product Skills
• A person who values responsibility; someone who will take technical ownership of the product across all stages of a products lifecycle
• Ways of working
• An individual who respects the opinion of others; yet can drive a decision though the team
• An individual who understand and respects the agile method
• An individual who recognises the need for standards
• An individual who wants to contribution to the wider engineering community to define best practices
• Leader of people
• The ability to leads reviews of others’ designs and software implementations
• The ability to engage the team to achieve goals.
• The ability to inspire fellow technical people
The key behavioural traits expected by a Feature Team Lead:
• A continual learner who demonstrates the value of learning and knowledge
• A technical decision maker, an individual who can work with multiple options, alternative design options and trade-offs
• Leadership and a craftsmanship – inspiring fellow technical staff
• A champion of software development best-practice
Technical capabilities of a Feature Team Lead:
• Sound knowledge of Java (8 and above).
• Experience of developing RESTful microservices with Spring boot.
• Experience of design of RESTful API’s.
• Sound understanding of Spring modules and ORM tools like JPA and Hibernate.
• Experience of SOAP based web services.
• Experience working on low latency, highly scalable applications.
• Experience working with databases – MS Sql server, Oracle and/or Cassandra or something similar.
• Experience working with Cloud technologies or a keen interest in learning the same.
• Experience with development and deployments on Cloud.
• The ability to review code and mentor the team irrespective of their locations.
• The ability to get the best out of technical colleagues as well as business leaders.
Nice to have
• Working with and contributing to open source projects.
• Experience of Behavioural Driven Development (BDD).
• Experience of Test Driven Development (TDD).
|>||Last application date: 25 October 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Eva.Karadzhova@maersk.com.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|