|Are you an engineer comfortable working with a wide range of technologies and platforms? Do you understand what it takes to optimize and operate digital data and analytics driven software products? Do you enjoy building new systems from a blank slate as much as you love tweaking existing systems to achieve maximum performance? Would you like to be part of the product delivery team around the Event Streaming Platform in Maersk, based on Kafka and Microsoft event streaming technologies?|
This is an opportunity to join Maersk's Technology organization as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) / Platform Engineer for our Event Streaming Platform, and drive visible change at a globally respected, industry leading brand.
Maersk, the world's largest shipping company, is transforming into an industrial digital giant that enables global trade with its land, sea and port assets. We are the integration platform organization that builds platform products in the areas of integrating applications using event streaming technology. This position oﬀers the opportunity to build your engineering career in an intensive environment, delivering work that has direct and signiﬁcant impact on the success of our company.
Maersk's Technology organization is a practitioner of the microservices approach to software development. Our nascent production ecosystem is based around sets of interdependent services. Our team's mission is to build and maintain an event streaming-based integration platform through the use of cloud computing, infrastructure-as-code and container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes. We want to make the lives easier for those product teams who are tasked with integrating our applications to meet business needs.
This is an extremely exciting time to join a fast paced, growing and dynamic team that solves some of the toughest integration problems in the industry, and enable the building of the future of Maersk as the global integrator of container logistics.
|Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Platform Engineer you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakehold-ers across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Product Service and Engineering, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working.
|A.P. Moller - Maersk maintains a strong focus on career development, and strong team members regularly have broad possibilities to expand their skill set and impact in an environment characterized by change and continuous progress.|
As a SRE / Platform Engineer, you will participate in delivering an integration platform product that directly impact our business-facing product teams, with strong support from fellow dedicated team members, and drive digital transformation at one of the largest companies in the world.
You should feel at home working in and around a wide range of technologies and platforms, and empathize with the day-to-day bottlenecks and challenges of development work and operations.
You enjoy building new systems from a blank slate as much as you love monitoring and tweaking existing systems to achieve maximum performance, while automating everything on your way.
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Design, build, test, maintain and enhance the Event Streaming Platform product in Maersk with 100% automation
• Build and maintain cloud deployments through infrastructure-as-code.
• Drive platform performance, scalability, security, and reliability through continuous deployment, monitoring, logging, alerting and automation in the entire lifecycle of the platform product (inception, design, through development and operationalization)
• Operate the platform by defining metrics to quantify the health of the platform and its consumers. The operational aspects of the platform will include defining and building remediation steps in case of an incident.
• Take part in on-call rotations with the platform consumers (product development teams), and take the lead in preventing incidents and maintaining platform SLAs, through automation and blameless postmortems.
• Working directly with platform consumers and the Product Manager to build new features
• Keep up with the cutting edge in relevant technologies, and drive implementation of new solutions.
• Document & evangelize the platform across Maersk
• Help our platform consumers to use our platform to integrate applications and get quickly and securely into production with fast, agile iterations.
|Who we are looking for|
• More than 5 years of experience within SRE roles or platform or software engineering
• Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and operation
• A self-starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
• Excellent spoken/written communication in English
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent experience
• Solid experience in Linux administration specifically RedHat Enterprise Linux
• Solid experience working with large private or public clouds
Candidate must also have experience in 3+ of the following:
• Experience building automation to operate large-scale data systems
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, Drone or equivalent).
• Expert in infrastructure and configuration automation tooling such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet etc
• Preferred proficiency with Go, Java and/or C
• Experience working in Microsoft Azure, IBM Public Cloud and Google Cloud
• Experience with monitoring, APM, logging and alerting products like Prometheus, ELK, Grafana, Datadog, or equivalent
• Experience working with administration of databases and data replication technologies such as Oracle GoldenGate, Informatica, etc
• Experience with messaging technologies such as IBM MQ, Rabbit MQ etc
An ideal candidate would also have
• Deep knowledge of building and operating Kubernetes based and server less workloads, and deploying and operating cloud-based services (as infrastructure as code)
• Experience operating Apache Kafka in Production at scale is a big plus
• Experience with messaging technologies such as IBM MQ a big plus
• Experience with data technologies such as Oracle GoldenGate a big plus
• Familiarity with Agile / Scrum practices; proﬁcient in git, testing paradigms, pair programming and DevOps principles in the infrastructure domain
|>||Last application date: 30 September 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed on email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|