Senior Finance Business Partner - FMT
Maersk Centre Finance is looking for a Senior Finance Business Partner for Fleet Management & Technology (FMT) based in Copenhagen. You will be a part of a strong team, continuing a transformation journey in the way we support the business. In your role you will work with operational and financial stakeholders to optimize the way we run the Maersk vessel fleet. You will become highly recognized for your business acumen and as a trusted business finance partner to the FMT Leadership team. You will perform deep analysis, understanding the impact of various initiatives, while identifying risks and opportunities for the business. You will support the FMT performance management cycle with a cross functional focus spanning across the fleet management function, operations execution, network and the global service center. You will be engaging with several stakeholders to gain a holistic and cross functional view of both the operational and cost drivers. This role will put you in a challenging and engaging workplace, working closely with the business and senior leaders.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. The position is an empowered role, being the focal point for management reporting, forecasting, budgeting, performance management, deep dive analysis and finance related business support in the fleet management and technology scope.
The Business Finance Fleet Management & Technology team interacts primarily with stakeholders in the FMT function as well as internal stakeholders in Finance and operations. The FMT function is responsible for the global operational daily running costs, future vessel solutions/technology, safety/compliance, crewing, ship management and asset efficiency.
Decisions made in FMT have a significant impact on the financial performance of Maersk and you will play a key role being part of Operation’s commitment in driving our cost leadership strategy.
As Finance Business Partner (FBP) you will have the opportunity to drive financial analysis, performance management and decision support to the vessel portfolio management. Your detailed understanding of the financial numbers combined with solid business knowledge will allow you to deliver performance insight, challenge current understandings and contribute to decision making thereby contributing to ensuring an optimized vessel portfolio.
As a Finance Partner you will be working together with a team of highly skilled and talented people in an international environment, getting early empowerment and responsibilities as well as exposure to the stakeholders in Operations, senior management and a truly global organization.
Functional reporting to the Business Finance Head of Fleet Management & Technology interacting with multiple stakeholders within Maersk’s FMT organization including Fleet Operations, Marine Standards, Fleet Optimization, Marine HR, Fleet Technology, Future Solutions and Crisis Management. You will also work in close cooperation with the Operations Finance Organization and our team in the global service center.
Your main responsibilities will be to drive part of key financial processes and operating system supporting management reporting, financial planning, performance management, and decision making in close collaboration with stakeholders in FMT and other Finance teams. You will work directly with senior stakeholders with clear business and financial insights.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Accountable for the financial planning & analysis, performance management, leading indicators and reporting of multiple related organizational units under the scope of the Chief Technical Officer.
• Accountable for the end-to-end accurate, timely and aligned reporting/forecasting of financial and operational performance incl. KPIs, target setting and cost saving initiatives related to the FMT function.
• Accountable for 3rd party benchmarking and other related special projects under the scope of the Chief Technical Officer.
• Having a clear understanding of the financial and operational footprint to proactively support the business with insights impacting forward looking business decisions while improving business results; including, analysis on cost saving initiatives, strategies and decision bases.
You will also work with multiple aspects of our financial reporting and system optimization. You will play an active role in supporting the business in using and developing the system further as well as developing the operating model.
|Who we are looking for|
• You hold a Master’s degree in finance, economics, MBA or equivalent
• You have five to ten years of work experience from analytical positions within performance management, finance, management reporting, financial planning and analysis, management and/or strategy consultancy, business development or equivalent.
• You have a thorough understanding of finance and a sincere interest in working with and supporting the business in driving performance and value.
• You are result driven and have a strong logical and analytical capacity being well organised with high attention to detail.
• You are a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems even if finding answers are not easy.
• You are an extroverted team player with the ability to engage, influence, guide and challenge multiple stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
• You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and a humble personality that goes well with people at all levels in a global organisation.
• You are used to and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced and changing environment dealing with a lot of different tasks at the same time.
• You are skilled in Excel and PowerPoint
• You are skilled in written and spoken English. Danish is not required.
|>||Last application date: 03 September 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed: email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|