|Maersk is looking for a technical analyst to develop technology solutions to support Maersk’s shipping business. Maersk is enhancing the core operations systems to enable better and faster decision making in our planning and execution. As a technical analyst you will be part of Maersk’s products and solutions engineering team, delivering new technical capabilities to support the business. You will be working together with the product owner, business specialists and software developers, to develop innovative technical solutions.|
|In Products and Solutions Engineering, we are responsible for the end-to-end delivery and execution of products and projects.|
We're a 900+ geographically distributed organisation across multiple brands and locations, with roles like software engineers, technical product owners, user experience designers, data scientists and agile coaches.
We offer a position in the network and capacity management section, where we develop IT tools to support, optimise, and automate the planning process for the vessel network and the flow of containers on it.
You will start in a product team where we develop and support the global equipment management system. We are on a journey optimize and automate the planning and execution based on data and analytical tools.
We offer a position where we put theory into practice and combine our knowledge of software development skills with a business mindset.
You will be working in an international environment in a key function in Maersk’s head quarter in Copenhagen, where you will be involved in setting the direction for how to outperform competition.
Maersk has a very international and highly inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. In addition to salary, our package consists of a pension scheme, health insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
|As a technical analyst you work with the product owner and business experts to translate the business requirements into specific technical solutions. You will be working in a scrum team to implement software products with an agile delivery methodology.|
The technical analyst:
• Creates technical specifications and processes from business requirements using structured analysis
• Partners with architects to design optimal solution that caters for a business need
• Works with development team to understand and agree on a feasible solution
• Challenges constructively to ensure appropriate options are considered prior to solution selection
• Carry out business process mapping, process re-engineering and analysis wherever needed
• Participate in system and user acceptance testing efforts
• Assist in post implementation support, system enhancements and root-cause analysis.
• Collaborate with other technology teams to manage system interdependencies
|Who we are looking for|
|• Three or more years of experience as a technical analyst, or similar role, participating in large, complex IT projects |
• A Degree level qualification or professional equivalent mandatory
• Experienced in IT Infrastructure and Operations environments along with an understanding of how it supports critical business processes
• Basic experience with database and programming languages mandatory
• Ability to handle ambiguity, complex requirements, consolidation and analysis of data to draw appropriate conclusions. Be prepared to handle changing and conflicting priorities
• Lead by demonstrating strong problem-solving acumen; take ownership of issues and seek to drive to resolution
• Ability to understand the bigger picture and drive out key business benefits and business cases where required for projects/programmes
• Ability to thrive in an environment of constant change and has the flexibility to adapt to any situation quickly
• Strong stakeholder management experience i.e. ability to identify differing stakeholder views and bring to consensus
• Experienced in process analysis and design using BPMN
• Working knowledge of IT tools (TFS, Jira, Confluence) and practices (Scrum, Agile, SDLC, ITIL)
• Competent use of Microsoft Word, Excel & Visio
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Team player
|>||Last application date: 07 September 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|