Wireless Subject Matter Expert / Solution Architect
|A.P. Moller Maersk has embarked on a transformation journey, focusing on a long-term strategy to remain best in class in an industry that is increasingly volatile. At the very core of this strategy lie Digitization and IT. Viewed as a significant enabler of our company strategy, Digitization and IT are taking center stage in our aspiration to secure sustainable growth of our businesses. We actively engage the business and deliver its needs while undergoing our own transformation.|
We aim to be a world-class professional Technology organization that delivers business value through automation, standardization, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. These are levers that our leadership rely on to maintain a strong and stable presence in the market. We further aim to establish one global platform on which we effectively build systems that allow us to differentiate from our competitors in the market.
|Maersk is on an technology transformation journey to simplify, standardise and centralize the technology landscape. The objective is to create the foundation from which it can drive the digitization agenda of the newly formed cluster of Maersk Logistics & Services brands. |
Joining Maersk as Wireless Solution Architect you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group.
|• The Wireless Solution Architect has responsibility for the technical integrity of and scalability of Industrial Wireless solutions across the industrial landscape for our network of inland terminals, ensuring design and implementation in accordance with enterprise guidelines, standards and best practice.|
• Works closely with project teams on their solution designs to ensure effective translation of the solution architecture into solutions.
• Architects and designs solutions to business requirements in accordance to operational applications and technology roadmaps, principles, standards and guidelines
• Works with the IT Business Analyst to provide a consensus based solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever changing business needs.
• Identifies, discusses, requests and logs exceptions to EA principles and standards during solution design and development
• Acts as point of contact and SME for architectural issues in related projects
• Stakeholders will include diverse groups such as internal management, vendors and subject matter experts
• Deliver and facilitate workshops for stakeholders across the organization
|Who we are looking for|
|• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related experience/certifications|
• Prior experience of Architecture within supply chain and logistics would be a bonus
• Proven track record in Full Stack Solution Architecture
• Certification in TOGAF or similar framework for Architecture ideally
• Advanced knowledge of the design of routed and switched networks involving LAN and WAN for larger networks.
• Strong Documentation & Design skills required
o CCDP Certification (ideal)
• Expert Level understanding of Wi-Fi
o CCNP/ CCIE Wireless Certification (ideal)
• Expert understanding of Radio Frequencies
o Preferably in industrial environments
• Experience with SOA
• Experience with large WLAN deployments, ideally in an industrial environment
• Any experience with 4G technologies (would be highly beneficial)
• Experience in Archimate and UML modelling
• International mind-set with cultural adaptability
• Confident in communicating across a large global organisation with people across cultures and hierarchies.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of current digital and technical landscapes, concepts, methodologies, practices and industry trends
• Should be persistent and have a sense of urgency
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Exposure to project lifecycle
• Good prioritization skills
• Strong communication and advisory skills
• Solves challenges based on accurate identification of underlying factors/causes and is aware of the impact of proposed solutions outside their own immediate area
• Highly motivated
• Works well under pressure and can navigate uncertainty
|>||Last application date: 15 August 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed on email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|