Student Assistant for Accounting
|Nordhavn, CopenhagenStudentFinance/Accounting||Ref.: SV-194110|
|Svitzer offers an exciting and attractive student position in an international environment that provides continuous professional and personal development. As a student assistant in the Accounting & Controlling team at Svitzer you will have the opportunity to grow your career while developing your skills within accounting and reporting in a global company. |
|You will be joining an industry leader that generates USD 660M in annual revenue and contributes to the Maersk Group’s ambition of transforming and maintaining a leading position within the towage industry. The position offers the right candidate an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious and international company with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development, both within the Svitzer Group and the Maersk Group.|
The role is based at our Head Office in Copenhagen. You will join the global Finance and Accounting Team. This team plans, monitors and controls the finance for app. 4,000 employees and 450 vessels operating worldwide to service more than 150 ports and terminals across the globe. A lean and flat structure in a performance driven culture gives you significant independence to impact your role and contribute to the performance of our team and our company.
Work hours are flexible, especially around examination periods. On average we expect you to work 15 - 20 hours per week
|As a student assistant in Accounting & Controlling, you will be working closely with colleagues in Copenhagen and across the globe to deliver the following responsibilities:|
• Support the Head Office Finance Manager with month, quarter and year-end tasks and reporting;
• Prepare department financial analyses for our head office;
• Support the Treasury Manager with management of the Svitzer Group’s loan portfolio and currency deals;
• Provide ad-hoc support to the Head of Accounting & Controlling and other colleagues, including data analyses, preparation of presentations, training initiatives, etc.;
• Manage reporting to various Danish Authorities;
• Support and supervise our offshore accountants in Pune in India;
• Contribute and lead smaller improvements to business processes.
|Who we are looking for|
|• You are a confident, self-driven person who approaches tasks with a high level of energy and with a structured and analytical approach to handling assigned tasks;|
• You are on the 2nd or 3rd year of your Bachelor’s Degree in a finance related subject, Mathematics or Economics with the intention to study a Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or Mathematics;
• You have excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint for reports and presentations;
• You have a flair for communication and good interpersonal skills;
• You have some relevant work experience, e.g. from a previous student position;
• You thrive in a busy and dynamic work environment. You are motivated by the international scope of our business;
• You have a certain level of business acumen, not necessarily from the maritime industry;
• You enjoy taking ownership, responsibility and you are entrepreneurial about finding ways to improve the business.
As you will be working with external parties in Denmark and our working language is English, you must be fluent in both oral and written Danish and English. You must also hold a valid Danish residence and work permit.
|>||Last application date: 07 January 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Kristine Baagø, HR Business Partner, at +4539193996.
|svitzer.com||For more than 175 years, Svitzer has been providing customised marine services to clients worldwide. Our diverse and purpose built fleet of 400+ vessels operates in more than 40 countries, providing tailored solutions in harbour, terminal and offshore towage as well as in salvage operations. The cornerstone of our business is an unconditional respect for each other and the world we live in. To achieve this, Svitzer sets the highest standards of training and knowledge in our industry, and encourages a culture of safety, innovation, and entrepreneurship amongst its employees. We stand ready to provide safety and support at sea.|