Azure DevOps Engineer
|Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. As we aspire to secure sustainable growth of our businesses, we need to re-think the way we engage with our customers and partners. Digitisation and IT are taking centre stage in enabling this engagement. Join us in Transport and Logistics IT as we re-think what technology can do to drive growth. |
Do you like to automate even the most simple tasks to remove manual work? Do single points of failure and non-HA systems give you nightmares? Are you comfortable with cloud technologies? If this describes you and you’re ready to attack some of the most complex problems in the industry, then it’s time for you to take on the challenge of being a DevOps Engineer for our LIFT platform. If you enjoy writing programmatic solutions to reduce customer turnaround time and your own workload, this team is what you’re looking for.
|Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As a DevOps Engineer you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Mobile, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
|In this role you will:|
• Work with a talented and highly engaged team of Engineers, Relationship Managers and Product Team
• Automate infrastructure deployments for customer environments on Microsoft Azure platform
• Architect Azure environment best practices and deployment methodologies
• Create automation tools and processes to improve Team and day to day functions
• Provide a continuous Fanatical Support experience for our customers
|Who we are looking for|
|We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate Expertise and technical skills in the following:|
• 2+ years experience as a DevOps engineer.
• Experience automating and orchestrating workloads on Azure
• Experience in scripting specifically PowerShell.
• Experience with GIT and/or Visual Studio Online, Jenkins, Docker, Azure automation
• Proficient leveraging CI/CD tools to automate testing and deployment
• Experience in the Azure services & APIs.
• Working knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows and/or Linux)
• Knowledge of databases (SQL Server)
• A strong working understanding of networking, including load balancing and firewall methodologies
• Knowledge of Azure federation services is preferred.
• Good knowledge of application development using Agile, and DevOps best practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate both technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
• Effective with time management and expected deliverables
• An ability to multi-task
• Practical hands-on experience on Azure using key services like VM, Azure API, Service Bus, N Service Bus, Key Vaults, VSTS
• Infrastructure Architecture – designing high availability, performant and secure solutions using Public/Private cloud.
• Working within an Agile environment, including the use of Scrum and Kanban
|>||Last application date: 31 August 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Priyanka Mohanty .
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|