Experienced leader to head up our Solution/SCM Customer Service Team
|AarhusLocalSupply Chain/Logistics Operations||Ref.: DC-160995|
|Damco is part of the AP Moller Maersk Group and one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. For more than 100 years, we have been providing our customers with transportation and logistics solutions that support the way they want to do business, wherever they are in the world.|
With over 11,000 employees in over 300 owned offices across 90 countries around the world, we manage and serve some of the most advanced supply chains in the world; in a diverse range of industries.
When you join Damco, you´ll find that the world is your workplace. You´ll work in a culturally diverse, performance stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things.
Working at Damco brings a unique blend of being part of a conglomerate with rich heritage and an exuberant, youthful, fast-paced logistics company. We believe in rewarding and recognizing individual performances within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values.
Collaborative and commercial mindsets are the key cornerstones of being a high performer in Damco. Ours being a network business, it is key that you are able to think and act beyond your own domain and geography of work. By commercial mindset we mean your ability to think of the benefits to the end customer; in whatever action you take, irrespective of your position and role.
|We are now looking for an experienced manager to head our Solution Customer Service and Operations team of 7 dedicated associates in Aarhus. |
In this role you to supervise, control and support all operational and customer service activities in the Solution team, to assure that Supply Chain Management operations deliver optimal operational performance in accordance with business strategy and customer SLAs while at the same time focusing on leading and developing the team.
The position will through the day to day interaction with both customers, vendors and colleagues around the world offer lots of challenges and opportunities to positively impact a future career with Damco.
|Your primary focus will be on leading the team and setting clear directions. You are responsible for a seamless cooperation with our Ocean Product and the Commercial Organisation which is key in order for the team to succeed. |
Key responsibilities are:
• Leading, guiding and developing the Solution team and owning all operational and customer service activities.
• Project management, continuous improvement and customer implementation support.
• Maintaining and developing customer relations.
• Facilitating daily huddles and managing capacity in the team
• Perform regular sit-in’s with the team in order to continuously learn, validate and challenge the processes within the team.
• Create and facilitate training for team members, existing and new, when required
• Supporting in customer query resolution and exception handling
• Supporting team and acting as escalation point when needed
• Support the development of the team.
|Who we are looking for|
|You are a Freight forwarder within sea freight. Ideally, you have a mixed experience of import, export, cross trade and supply chain management. An academic background would be a plus – within Supply Chain Management or similar. |
You have a healthy drive for personal development, and wish to excel as a leader of others.
We believe the ideal candidate has:
• +5 years of experience from freight forwarding with at least 2 years experience as a leader.
• Experience in managing and working with Supply Chain Management solutions.
• Good technical understanding of systems and processes in a SCM environment.
• Great communication skills and tackle challenges with proactivity.
• A natural curiosity and thrive when solving problems and taking ownership.
• Ability to prioritise (own and others tasks) combined with good planning skills
• Presentation/facilitation skills
• Well organized with strong attention to detail
• Team player with a “can do” attitude
• A coaching mindset
• Master English and Danish on business level
Applications will be read continuously, so do not wait with your application!
|>||Last application date: 26 January 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Customer Service Office Manager Simon Bennett + 4589316120 or HR Manager Marie Arildsen +4589316122.
|damco.com||Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.|