Data Analyst and SQL developer
|CopenhagenLocalShipping Operations||Ref.: ML-127123|
|Maersk Line is looking for a data analyst to analyse and govern the business data that is the foundation of decisions related to Maersk Line’s vessel network. You will further be responsible for building the data foundation for optimization software in Maersk Line’s business. You will be part of Maersk Line’s vessel network optimization team which works together with business specialists, vendors, and academia to develop innovative world class optimization IT tools for optimizing the world’s largest container vessel network.|
|The network planning department is responsible for planning Maersk Line’s container vessel network to meet commercial, operational, and environmental objectives. |
We offer a position in the strategy section where we develop IT tools to support, optimize, and automate the planning process for the vessel network and the flow of containers on it.
We offer a position where we put theory into practice and combine our data analysis, the team’s academic knowledge of mathematical optimization and software development skills with a business mind-set.
You will be working in an international environment in a key function in Maersk Line’s head quarter in Copenhagen where you will be involved in setting the direction for how to outperform competition.
|As data analyst you will be responsible for analysing and governing the data that we base decisions related to Maersk Line’s vessel network. You will furthermore be responsible for building the data foundation for optimization tools in collaboration with Maersk Line’s business.|
You will have the opportunity to cooperate with leading optimization specialists and data analysts within Maersk Line as well as external partners at universities and vendors.
You will be responsible for running analysis and report processes while engaging with stakeholders across the business.
You will be responsible for designing database structures to effectively store, analyse, and share data. You will be responsible for implementing ETL processes.
You will be involved in realisation of business benefits from improved business decisions guided by structured data analysis and optimization tools.
You will report to the manager of the vessel network optimization team and will be involved in setting the vision for how to use data analysis in Maersk Line.
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate has:|
• A technical background with a master’s degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, or computer science with experience in data analysis.
• You have experience with managing data in databases and developing software to support robust ETL processes.
• Experience using database / SQL in a software developer context
• You have an analytical mind-set and knowledge of statistical analysis.
• You are able to document business requirements, and test software against requirements.
• You are self-driven, have a good attention to details and a sense of urgency to get things done.
• You have good communication and interpersonal skills enabling you to work in a team and with external stakeholders. Proficiency in both written and oral English is a must.
You have extensive experience with
• Data management in databases, preferably MS SQL Server. SQL queries.
• Data analysis, statistics.
You will also have experience with some or all of the following technologies:
• MS Transact-SQL
• Database administration
• Implementing ETL processes.
• Business Intelligence reporting
• MS SQL Server Integration Services
• MS SQL Server Analysis Services
• MS Excel
|>||Last application date: 02 April 2017.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed: email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||Please apply using our online system and note interviews may be conducted before the closing date. |
| ||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|