|EsbjergLocalSupply Chain/Logistics Operations||Ref.: MO-106327|
|Do you have experience with technical logistics, preferably in the oil and gas industry? And can you make things happen? |
Come join us, if you want to experience a highly dynamic workday that will challenge your abilities. You will feel and understand the satisfaction we get from making both long-term and last-minute plans come together – because your work helps large offshore drilling operations to run smoothly.
|You can look forward to a position with many exciting challenges and opportunities to use your skills and make plans come together in a dynamic work day.|
Joining the Expediting team in Esbjerg, you will be part of our Warehouse & Expediting organisation of 20 colleagues. We handle the logistics in support of Maersk Oil’s offshore operations in the North Sea, effectively ensuring that equipment and people are in the right place at the right time.
You will work in a flat organisation and a lively environment with a good social atmosphere, where you work with many helpful and cooperative colleagues. Here, you will be part of an onshore duty roster that supports 24 hour operations.
Our Esbjerg Office constitutes the main office for all our production activities in the Danish sector of the North Sea. And working in the Expediting team, you will be exposed to larger parts of the organisation, particularly as we increasingly take on an important role in the supply chain in the Maersk Oil business.
|You will have the responsibility for arranging the transportation of personnel and equipment to and from two specific drilling rigs just in time. So, essentially, your work is a vital part in securing smooth drilling operations. In doing so, you will take on assignments such as:|
• Ensuring that logistic services are coordinated and vessel operations are planned and executed timely and efficiently taking into account all requirements and efficient resource allocation
• Making sure that supply vessels are utilized optimally in coordination with stakeholders, and ensuring container spot checks are carried out according to plan
• Ordering materials for upcoming wells and booking supply vessels/helicopters for requested personnel and equipment
• Collaborating closely with Drilling Department and Drilling Supervisor offshore to make drilling programmes and statuses known, allowing for satisfactory service to be provided at all times
• Creating requisitions for equipment needed from stock or needed in the future
A key part of your job will be to ensure safety policies and procedures are always followed, and you will at times assist back-load department to ensure that drilling backload is handled in a cost efficient manner.
|Who we are looking for|
|This truly is an independent role in a high paced environment, meaning you must be able to manage sudden changes and unexpected issues without losing sight of neither details nor the bigger picture. |
Thus, you need to be structured in your approach to your work and understand the need to focus on constant care and safety, even as you balance cost to deliver optimal logistics.
Being part of a dynamic team, it is also important that you are flexible, a team player to the bone and ready to lend a hand, when you spot someone in need of your assistance.
• You have experience from the oil and gas industry, as you need to know and understand technical logistics and expressions and be able to estimate equipment size.
• Knowledge of vessel transportation is a plus.
• Your IT skills are good, and you have working knowledge of SAP and MS Office.
• You speak and write English fluently.
|>||Last application date: 13 June 2016.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|