Storage and Backup Administrator
|The Maersk Group is a diversified global conglomerate with activities mainly in shipping and energy industries. It employs roughly 121,000 people, and generated 59 billion US dollars in revenue in 2012.|
As a Group, its business success is built on a number of strengths: size and global reach, financial strength, talented employees, time-honoured values, approach to sustainability and drive to innovate. Combined, these strengths form a unique platform for the Group’s continued success and future growth.
With the ambitions of the different businesses in the Group, there is a need to strengthen the IT infrastructure, as this is a core enabler for future growth and stability. The Group is now taking the next step in professionalising its IT infrastructure services by creating a world-class professional IT shared services organisation that allows its employees across the world to stay connected and do business seamlessly, through efficient and reliable infrastructure. The new organisation will service the entire Group on Infrastructure services and will enable the Group to have consistent and efficient delivery of IT infrastructure services, and an increased ability to accelerate key improvements such as IT security.
The Maersk Group is on the lookout for ambitious, accomplished and dedicated IT individuals who are interested in joining in its transformation journey.
|Maersk Line is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, 25 days holiday a year and a number of other attractive benefits. |
|• Provide support for all customer and internal storage systems|
• Review storage systems and advise on recommended upgrades or changes
• Review backups to all systems
• Monitor, review and recommend actions based on storage/backup utilisation and performance
• Work with support teams in the provision/deletion/creation of new storage/backup request
• Configuration of new storage / backup set up.
• Work with support teams and/or customers to investigate potential performance bottlenecks
• Check for new incidents and review monitoring tools
• Accept, assess and resolve incidents raised
• Accept, assess and implement Change Control requests raised
• Accept and assess Service Requests raised
• Progress incidents, approved changes or service requests through to completion within service levels, resolving personally where possible or managing external support suppliers.
• Implementation of approved standard change requests
• Managed P1/SEV1 events following the major incident management processes
• Keep affected Client(s) updated with progress as required
• Notify client and/or management team of any delay or possible delay to normal service
• Review and report on 3rd party supplier performance, responses to incidents within service levels.
• Manage incidents and incident recurrences (problems) to minimize their impact on the business and users, recommend actions to reduce repeat incidents
• Conduct risk analysis on submitted change requests
• Maintain and update technical support documentation
• Any other task or activity as may be reasonably expected within this job role, as assigned by your manager.
|Who we are looking for|
|The role holder focuses on storage and backup administration; ensuring backups and executed and validated, working closely with the capacity team regarding storage from a public and private cloud perspective.|
- Hands-on experience working as a Storage Support/Admin and Backup Admin (mainly Commvault & TSM, DPM)
- Good experience of IT technology
Experienced in managing and maintaining:
- Technical skills of X86 (Windows, Red Hat Linux), AIX, Mainframe).
- Knowledge of storage in public and private cloud.
- General experience with outsourced environments and vendor management.
- Experience with IT Service Management (preferably a certification in ITIL).
- Good business understanding and ability to communicate with the business.
- Ability to work in collaborative manner with all Stakeholders including our Business community.
- Good communication skills.
|>||Last application date: 02 June 2016.|
|maerskline.com||As a group, our business success is built on a number of strengths: size and global reach, financial strength, talented employees, time-honoured values, our approach to sustainability and continuous drive to innovate. Combined, these strengths form a unique platform for the organisation’s continued success and future growth.|
| ||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|