AP and Tax Accountant (Finance Specialist)
|Pasig / ManilaLocalFinance/Accounting||Ref.: AP-105204|
|Finance and Accounting Process works on accounting processes from regions including America, Europe, Africa and Asia. The team has an active participation in the corporate drive for process standardization and enhancements, which has resulted in higher efficiencies, uniformity of accounting practices and quality & consistent management reporting.|
Holder of this position will report to the Site Finance Manager and will be based in the GSC office located in Estancia, Pasig City.
|As an employee with Maersk GSC you will be part of a working environment as diverse as the APMM group. Maersk strongly encourages continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. We aren’t all about work, we believe in a holistic development of our employees and so regularly organize recreational activities giving our employees a chance to unwind and showcase their creative side. As an organization we strongly believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance.|
|• Supports the Site Finance Manager in providing the best finance and accounting services based on the requirement of local management, government, and other stakeholders.|
• Ensures timely payment to vendors; no overdue accounts.
• Ensures accurate and timely tax filing and payment
• Ensures clean bill of health from all internal and external audits
• Ensures receivables are collected immediately
• Creates a motivating work environment
|Who we are looking for|
|• Graduate of a Bachelor's degree in Accountancy, who is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)|
• Candidate with 1-3+ years' of working experience in both accounts payable (AP) and local taxation.
• Someone with high level of time management, skills on negotiation, problem solving, prioritizing and process improvement. Must be very flexible and have excellent stakeholders managment or customer service orientation.
• Proficient in SAP or any accounting tools and MS Office and its applications.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, performance-driven environment.
• Ability to communicate well, verbally and written.
• Experience from working in an international environment and solid understanding of Maersk Line business and value drivers would be an advantage.
|maersk.com||The current times show that managing supply chain is key to responding to change and even crisis. At Maersk, this is the big opportunity and an extremely exciting time to integrate global supply chains to benefit the customer, community and lift the society in times of need. From its focus on offshoring opportunities when it was established in 1999, Maersk GSC’s competencies have since grown significantly aiming to put customers at the centre of business. Maersk GSC operates from 7 locations across the world: India - Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Bengaluru; China ‐ Chengdu; Philippines ‐ Manila; Morocco ‐ Tangier. The GSC comprises of some of the best minds in engineering, digital innovation, finance, commercial, operations and information technology that develop innovative end-to-end solutions providing best in class customer experience.|