Offshore Production Technician
|EsbjergLocalOil Operations/Production||Ref.: MO-101392|
|Do you have a solid technical background perhaps combined with offshore or travelling experience? Then come join one of our offshore production teams on our Tyra West platform in the North sea. You will be part of a dynamic and international organisation where you will have opportunities to continuously learn and develop your competencies.|
|At Maersk Oil you will be part of an environment where you experience willingness to innovate, have opportunities to contribute your knowhow and ideas, and get varied challenges in a dynamic and exciting environment.|
We offer a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing the necessary skills and competencies. A natural development possibility for our high performing production technicians are promotions to Control Room Operator or Production Assistant.
You will be working in rotation of 2 weeks offshore and 3 weeks home. Courses and other activities will be conducted in the home stay period. During the 14 days offshore, you will work 12 hour shifts. Night work will be a part of the job.
Besides on-the-job training offshore, you will be attending a number of courses which cover safety related as well as technical training.
|Your role will be to assist the Production Supervisor and Production Assistant in ensuring a safe and efficient daily operation of the platform. This includes:|
• Making regular rounds to ensure that the plant is running in safe and operationally optimal condition
• Participating in the optimization of the production plant, including the use of production chemicals
• Troubleshooting on mechanical failures and production offsets
• Preparing isolation plans and assisting Maintenance in mechanical and electrical isolations
• Assisting in monitoring and controlling of the platform process, utility and safety systems from the central control room
A natural, yet vital part of the position will be to always think safety first. Thus, you take care of your own and colleagues’ safety and well-being at all times.
|Who we are looking for|
|• You have an electrical, mechanical or process operator background with an additional theoretical training.|
• You have experience from the offshore industry, process industry, power plant, control room operation or the like.
• Alternatively, you may have worked as a travelling fitter or similar, where you have been working away from home for longer periods of time.
• You speak and write English and Danish fluently.
As a person, you are responsible and take ownership of your tasks. You are comfortable with routine tasks and able to navigate between different tasks throughout your work day. Further, you hold strong collaborative skills mixed with a robust and positive mind-set.
|>||Last application date: 01 May 2016.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|