Qatari Development Programme - Assistant Systems Engineer
|Maersk Oil Qatar is currently developing and expanding the facilities in the Al Shaheen Field offshore Qatar. The Qatari Development Programme (QDP) is a two year programme designed specifically for recent University graduates to help them make the transition from the academic environment to the professional workplace. Some focus areas of this programme are learning about yourself & others, building relationships with colleagues and managers, organizing and prioritizing tasks and workload, as well as project management. This includes various methods such as workshops, Action Learning Sets, on the job learning, and group work.|
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
|• Manage and own at least one local solution or service.|
• Member of a Global Infrastructure Service Discipline.
• Informed of the Server Systems strategy, Infrastructure strategy as well as the overall IS strategy. Assists with the development along with the Server Systems team.
• Expected to contribute to the execution of the MOQ Change Management and Incident Management processes.
• Responsible for optimizing the incident management and problem management processes for responsible systems.
• Recommends concepts and ideas for innovation within Server Systems team.
• Responsible for documentation of all responsible Standard Operating Procedures documents and processes for services.
• Establishes for the compliance of all responsible solutions and services.
• Actively participate in local and global IS projects.
• Develop understanding of business processes and how the IS services and solutions support them.
• Through papers, blog posts, presentations within Maersk Oil Global IS.
• Assists in creating Service\Material Requests in SAP for the Server System team. Follow up on all requests to ensure timely resolution.
• Researching and identifying required products and associated costs from vendors.
• Develop structure of vendor proposals to adhere to required scope of work and allocated budget.
• Supports the team in setting the yearly budget.
|Who we are looking for|
|Qatari nationals with 0-2 years work experience who have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Engineering from an accredited University with a final GPA of no less than 3.0.|
|>||Last application date: 30 November 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|