Cluster Sales Channel Manager - UAE External Sales
|DubaiLocalCommercial/Sales/Business Development||Ref.: ML-085956|
|Maersk Line UAE is looking for an External Sales Channel Manager to lead, coach and build a winning, effective and sustainable sales team which will deliver and exceed its sales targets and achieve the business goals. |
Reporting to the Sales Director, you will work closely and constructively with the Sales leadership team and with Trade & Marketing to acquire new customers, retain and expand the current customer base, ensure high customer satisfaction and deliver business and sales targets for the respective segment.
|A highly visible leadership position where you will demonstrate leadership capabilities, industry and market knowledge as well as commercial and sales expertise. You will lead the organisation to further success in the UAE market. |
It is a very challenging and rewarding role as you will coach and manage a professional sales team and work with a highly-committed leadership team in an exciting market. This will equip you with further management competencies and a track record for future career development within Maersk Line.
- Formulate and execute a clear and effective external sales strategy and direction in line with the Cluster's business plan.
- Manage and organize sales activities, & lead and drive performance to ensure volume and revenue targets are met.
- Drive Channel optimization and ensure comprehensive customer coverage; align sales efforts with the commercial strategy through close collaboration with Trade & Marketing and Customer Service.
- Drive the global sales transformation and act as the role model; make joint sales calls with sales team members to ensure selling skills and techniques are mastered.
- Ensure the external sales organisation utilises and capitalises on SFDC.
- Ensure sales systems and reporting are up to date for management tracking, analysis & planning.
- Coach and inspire the sales organisation to enhance performance, capabilities, knowledge and professionalism.
- Coach, lead and develop direct reports and others, work closely with teams and individuals to identify and improve competency gaps and devise objectives and personal development plans.
- Attract and retain the right talents inside and outside of the organisation.
- Maintains senior relationships with top vertical/channel accounts
- Maintain business signals and guide the team to secure short & long term opportunities
|Who we are looking for|
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in sales or commercial, preferably with 3 years’ in a senior leadership position.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the customers’ business coupled with supply chain and financial insights.
- Strong knowledge of global trade, the local and international market landscape as well as industry trends.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a proven track record in sales and leadership.
- Master negotiator; strong networking skills.
- An inspirational leader with excellent coaching and people skills.
- Fluent communication skills in written and spoken English. Proficiency in Arabic would be beneficial.
|>||Last application date: 11 October 2015.|
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|