|MelbourneLocalCommercial/Sales/Business Development||Ref.: DC-084468|
|Damco, a company owned by the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, is looking for a candidate that is up to the challenge of driving our business forward in a fast paced and dynamic industry. With over 200 offices in 90 countries we are recognized as an industry leader in integrated logistics services encompassing warehousing and distribution, ocean and air freight as well as supply chain management.|
|In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire thorough market & industry knowledge. Besides these, you will also be able to develop analytical skills, demonstrate above average competency within sales and knowledge and capabilities to manage the team. You will also learn to maintain the best profit levels and develop relationships with our customers to the next level.|
|The Business Development Manager (BDM) has accountabilities in 3 main areas, namely Existing Customer Development, New Customer Development, and execution of clear OneDamco blueprint ‘ways of working’…|
1. Premier Sales Existing Customer development
• Accountable for delivery of the Actual ‘Through The Till’ CM1 for the assigned Existing Premier Customer portfolio, through the sale of Damco standard products and focus on selected trade lanes, and effective Book of Business management.
• Accountable for supporting the resolution of CSO reported Premier Sales customer issues, including interventions with customers to resolve escalated issues, DSO resolutions and also ensuring commitments to volumes are met (with proactive interventions in the event of deviation from agreements, and renegotiations thereafter, where necessary)
• Accountable for ensuring that contracts / agreements for all customers within the Premier portfolio comply with OneDamco blueprint guidelines, are comprehensive documented, maintained and appropriately communicated to all relevant Damco and external parties.
2. Premier Sales New Business Generation (should be possible to combine 1+2
• Accountable for delivery of the Actual ‘through the till’ CM1 with a clear focus on OneDamco standard products and predefined trade lanes.
• Accountable for the pursuit of identified potential customers, through adoption of OneDamco commercial blueprint ‘ways of working, thus creating a differentiating customer experience.
• Accountable for the “Up Selling” process within the geographic territory, whereby ‘Non Controlled’ shippers and network derived sales leads are comprehensively pursued, as per OneDamco blueprint guidelines
3. Premier Sales ‘Ways of Working’
• Accountable for ensuring that OneDamco blueprint processes, guidelines, tools and procedures are adopted without exception.
• Accountable for ensuring that the PSA CRM Open sales pipeline is sufficiently robust to ensure delivery of required Actual ‘Through The Till’ CM1 targets, whilst simultaneously ensuring an adequately strong platform for delivering result performance in the coming financial result period.
• Accountable for ensuring that periodically introduced sales campaigns to drive focused development of the Premier Sales portfolio is execute within your geographical scope.
|Who we are looking for|
|• 2 years + in a customer facing sales role, ideally within the logistics industry|
• A good understanding of logistics and forwarding products, solutions and terminology, in the local market
• Proven track record of targeting, pursuing and winning opportunities, through both personal and collaborative selling efforts.
• Proven track record in a matrix, multi cultural organisation, building strong relationships and networks both locally and internationally.
• Developed communication, persuasiveness, influencing and negotiation skills
• Has strong needs evolution and questioning skills
• Demonstrable ability to handle most common customer objections
• Self Motivated and performance driven
• Fluency in English and local language (where different)
|damco.com||The ideal candidate will have local experience and must have the right to work in Australia to apply.|
In return for your passion you will benefit from working within an organisation that truly values their employees and believes in promoting from within. You will become part of a winning culture and part of an open, friendly and ambitious team.
Please note that short-listed candidates only will be contacted due to high volume of applicants.
| ||Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.|