Senior Business Development Manager
|CopenhagenLocal/InternationalCommercial/Sales/Business Development||Ref.: MO-082855|
|Reporting to the Director of Business Development in Maersk Oil the purpose of this role is to lead Business Development project teams, mainly acquisition and divestment of assets or companies for Maersk Oil, and be a reliable and competent deputy for the department head.|
|The incumbent will work on global business development opportunities potentially in the multi-billion dollar range and coordinate all aspects of the evaluation. |
Business development is concerned with identifying or creating potential opportunities, evaluating them and securing them. This can be acquiring assets from another company, acquiring a whole company or bidding in a license round. After an asset has been acquired, it then has to be integrated into Maersk Oil's organization.
|The Senior Business Development Manager is a key leader - interfacing with external parties and leading internal cross functional teams to identify opportunities, define strategies, steer evaluations and negotiate transactions likely to be of significant magnitude.|
• Liaise with external parties (companies or Governments) to identify and discuss Business Development opportunities.
• Liaise with banks and advisors to present Maersk Oil position, and assess opportunities presented.
• Project Manage acquisition and divestment activities, including managing large cross functional teams.
• Meet with sellers and advisors, attend data rooms, steer technical assessments, consolidate results and be prepared to present to CEO, APMM Group or Boards.
• Manage and improve business processes and assurance processes.
• Manage internal business interfaces and stakeholders within Maersk Oil and into APMM Group
• Critical review of technical and commercial assessments and ownership of technical and commercial conclusions
|Who we are looking for|
|15-20 years experience in E&P, with at least 10 yrs experience in a technical role (exploration, development or production) in a major operator, of which 5+ years in a commercial role with sound knowledge of economic or financial analysis (economics, A&D).|
Requires experience of acquisition and divestment execution, valuation, strategic thinking and be an excellent presenter to executive management and Board.
|>||Last application date: 30 August 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|