Commercial Manager/Senior Commercial Advisor
|AberdeenLocalCommercial/Sales/Business Development||Ref.: MO-081722|
|The Commercial Manager reports to the Director of Business development, Strategy & Commercial and is required to lead and manage a Commercial Team to ensure that the company’s business goals and objectives are met on a planned and timely basis.|
|Maersk Oil UK is part of Maersk Oil, a top 30 independent oil and gas company.|
We can offer you an exciting and rewarding career in a technically challenging and stimulating environment, with a focus on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to operate safely and efficiently.
Working in a multi-disciplined collaborative environment, you can make a significant contribution to the development and growth of our organisation whilst developing and broadening your career horizons.
We offer a competitive salary and package within a supportive and values-driven working environment.
• Keep senior management appraised of significant issues;
• Develop long term planning for the assets in conjunction with the Maersk strategic plan and the Asset Managers;
• Ensure there are adequate resources to meet work demands.
• Where appropriate, person to provide input to major accident hazard management, in particular the prevention, detection, control, mitigation and response to major accidents.
Manage team effectively such that it delivers:
• Commercial architecture to ensure that company’s interests are safely secured and maximised whilst compliant with existing agreements;
• Planned and timely solutions to commercial needs of the business, minimising the risk of schedule and milestone delays and maximising value;
• Best practice and standard industry solutions whilst remaining innovative and pragmatic;
• A focal point for resolution of commercial issues, including the management and coordination of input from other departments;
• Resolution of commercial and contractual disputes whilst maintaining operational awareness and compliance with existing commercial agreements;
• Proactively pursue initiatives designed to improve business processes and manage business risks;
Fulfil the people leadership role:
• Resolve conflicting priorities and address ‘day to day’ issues;
• Ensure that team members have an agreed set of appropriate objectives consistent with those of the wider business and that performance against such objectives is reviewed in a timely manner and, if required, initiate required remedial action;
• Guide and mentor team members as required on specific aspects directly related to current works needs and to longer term business/career matters;
• Identify where relevant training, mentoring and development of such resources is necessary, including the identification of suitable career moves;
• Ensure that an acceptable standard of service is provided to the company. Primary focus will be on existing assets although the team will support Business Development and growth strategy on an “as required” basis.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Have a thorough knowledge of the UKCS commercial architecture, best practice and regulatory and licence requirements and a significant level of experience in the upstream oil & gas sector (preferably on the UKCS) combined with a demonstrable experience of oil and gas operations.|
• Demonstrable proven team leadership and communication skills, including priority setting, motivation and conflict resolution, stakeholder liaison and business planning, including the ability to assess complex scenarios and identify the key issues and influencing factors.
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|