Projects: Lead Document Controller
|Document Control / Records Management functions are essential to the success of our Category 1 PMP projects and the support of the integrated multi-discipline teams. Working in our fast paced environment, this position shall be accountable for ensuring the execution of the Document Control and Records Management standards and processes across all disciplines, both internal (Project & BU) and external (Contractors / Consultants).|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|The Lead Document Controller will be responsible for the initial set up of the Project Document Control function, and once established, the management of the document control team for the project. They will develop, implement and enforce all document control standards, procedures, processes and systems for a major field development project, and site assurance and driving the ongoing performance of the Project Document Control function. Ensuring alignment with the asset for an effective and efficient handover.|
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the day to day operations of the Project Document Office (PDO); supervising the project, site and offshore document control team; policing information governance across the project and the site teams; first line assurance for information quality and quantity.
• Set-up of the Project Document Office; understanding and applying the MOG/MOQ standards to the project scope; developing new policies; processes, procedures and guidelines to support the Project IM strategy, continuous improvement strategy for the PDO function.
• Act as Senior User for the selection and implementation of any information management technology required to support the Project Information Management function.
• Ensure that technology configurations are fit for purpose.
• Ensure the Preparation of a training plan for the Project Team is in place and clearly understood by the DC team.
• Internal audit reports showing that the project team and new starters are using the Project Document Control system and workflow processes.
• Supervision of any other allocated Project Document Controllers to early phase Development Projects.
|Who we are looking for|
|• 15 plus years of experience, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Lead Document Controller in a Major Capital Project in the upstream oil & gas industry.|
• Proven experience of setting up a Project Document Control team for a new project; applying existing standards to the project scope, developing and implementing new policies, processes, procedures and guidelines , senior user for technology selection and implementation, team recruitment, leading user training and enforcement of DC on the project team.
• Possess demonstrable experience of Document Control and Records Management for offshore Greenfield and Brownfield Projects/Stages; FEED and Detailed Engineering, ITT, Vendor Document Management, Fabrication/Construction, Hook-up and Commissioning, As-building, system and facility hand-over dossiers, and technical close-out.
• Excellent skills in using Electronic Document Management Systems such as; Microsoft SharePoint, Proarc, Documentum, OpenText Livelink, McLaren, IBM Filenet, DCS, Cimage, Assai, etc.
• Ability to develop processes and procedures to support the project.
• Possess strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written.
• Highly competent interpersonal and influencing skills to tactfully and diplomatically manage ambiguity, conflict and uncertainty in a culturally diverse environment.
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|