Projects: Lead Structural Engineer
|Through application of engineering knowledge, relevant training and experience, the Lead Structural Engineer shall be responsible for the provision of quality engineering design, support, services and assurance to the integrated project team. By applying a common and consistent design approach and working collaboratively with the Maersk Oil Technical Authorities, so that all project deliverables are in compliance with the Maersk Oil Technical Standards (MOTS) and the Maersk Oil Design Engineering Standards (MODES), and if necessary by proposing use of international standards, for areas of the design that are not currently covered by our standards.|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|General Description includes complete oversight of structural design and analysis of an assigned scope of work relating to the Field Development Plan, including specific complex deliverables such as and including, foundations, Jacket/ topsides primary, secondary and tertiary steelwork, transportation and installation design, mechanical handling, and material selection. Work includes, among other things; conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, layouts, review of structural analysis and design [including in-place and fatigue cases], mechanical handling, material take-offs, design calculations, specification development and supervising / reviewing packages for temporary works on site / transportation and installation of substructure and topside facilities offshore including float over methods and other structural systems to support other disciplines. Must be Fully conversant with earthquake / blast design employing dynamic analyses techniques|
Through a Line of Sight reporting and governance structure the Lead Pipeline Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to:
• Establish Structural team priorities, targets and activity plans to support the Field Development Plan (FDP) objectives. Ensure direct reports are fully aligned and empowered to deliver;
• Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports in the execution of their responsibilities; encourage innovative thinking around process safety and production optimisation;
• Ensure proper target setting and performance appraisal of direct reports in line with Company procedures and guidelines;
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Lead Structural Engineer, with an accredited degree/bachelor’s degree in Civil / Structural engineering, chartered engineer status or equivalent professional affiliation, with experience in the definition and design of Greenfield Oil & Gas facilities (for Offshore) minimum;|
• 10-15 years’ experience on ITT package development, for FEED and detailed engineering phases on Mega Offshore Greenfield projects; Well Head, Process, Utility and Accommodation platforms, at least 5 years of which as Lead Structural Engineer.
• Excellent understanding of both working stress and limit state structural design methodologies, including offshore foundation design [temporary and permanent] and material selection aspects.
• Knowledge of fabrication, construction and installation aspects for offshore structures.
• Is familiar with the codes and standards of API, AISC, ISO and EC3, and is current on new scientific engineering methods relating to offshore structural design.
• Highly competent interpersonal and influencing skills to tactfully and diplomatically manage ambiguity, conflict and uncertainty in a culturally diverse environment.
• High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, pre-commissioning, installation, hook-up and commissioning of and on oil & gas facilities.
• Fully conversant in SACS analytical structural software, GLWEAP or similar, nonlinear analytical techniques Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, Project, etc.).
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|