|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing the necessary and appropriate skills and competencies.|
This position is initially onshore based in our Doha office, Qatar, with some offshore and international business trips envisaged.
We offer a competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha, if required.
Later, this may include further relocation possibilities to the FEED and/or EPC/EPIC Contractors Office/Site
|The Senior Mechanical Engineer is a senior level appointment and will hold a great amount of responsibility, within the defined decision space and direction from the Engineering/Delivery Manager – Well Head Platforms. They will play a critical role towards the defined scope and deliverables during the Select/Define stage, and in particular through the execution stage for; Well Head Platforms, Brownfield Tie-in’s, ITT Packages for FEED, detailed engineering and procurement.|
Through application of Mechanical Engineering knowledge, relevant training and experience, the Senior Mechanical Engineer shall be responsible for the provision of quality mechanical engineering support, services and assurance to the integrated project team, ensuring a common and consistent design by working collaboratively with the Maersk Oil Technical Authorities, so that all project deliverables are in compliance with the Maersk Oil Technical Standards (MOTS), and the Maersk Oil Design Engineering Standards (MODES). Proposed use of international standards, for areas of the design that is not currently covered by our standards.
General Description includes mechanical design and analysis of an assigned scope of work relating to the Field Development Plan, including specific complex deliverables such as pressure vessels, heat transfer equipment, rotating equipment, mechanical handling, and material selection. Work includes, among other things; conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, layouts, mechanical handling, material take-offs, design calculations, specification development and supervising vendor packages for equipment and mechanical systems.
Under the supervision and direction of the Project engineering/Delivery Manager the Sr Mechanical Engineer shall carry out the following responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are designed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Supervise the work of other mechanical engineers on other packages/projects related to the field development plan.
- Perform mechanical engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of mechanical engineering issues and problems;
- Be a major contributor in the preparation and consistency of the following deliverable’s; ITT Packages, Basis of Design, Project Execution Plan, Project Schedule, Project Quality Plan, Functional System Specifications, Statement of Requirements, Equipment Data Sheets, Factory Acceptance Testing, Material Take-Off’s, Vendor Document Manuals, As-built Documents.
- Assure compliance with established safety policies and procedures and practices safe work habits throughout all stages/phases of the project;
- Assist in management and coordination of activities from a functional engineering perspective;
- Coordinate efforts of technical disciplines to assure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements;
- Assist in creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitors activities, progress, and milestones;
- Assist in creation and coordination of project manhour and cost estimates and budgets, and monitors progress and performance against these;
- Prepare project procedures for performance of administrative, project, and design tasks in accordance with contractual obligations;
- Identify and evaluate issues/events that may constitute an increase or decrease in project quality, scope, cost, or schedule;
- Define, manage and/or coordinate project activities that are in compliance with the ‘final’ scope and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and planning are achieved with an ambition level of ‘execute with excellence’;
- Take the lead on supplier interactions as well as fulfilling the needs (related to the field of expertise) for internal and external customers;
- Be accountable for providing Quality Assurance, design form manufacturability and sustainability, as well as process and product improvement to obtain optimum product quality, reliability, safety, and effectiveness;
- Evaluate and recommend pre-engineering and engineering concepts, designs and development for mechanical systems and plants associated with the Company's oil and gas production, pressure maintenance, transport and export;
- Ensure technical integrity and HSE requirements are met cost effectively throughout the development cycle;
- Provide expert/consultancy service to other engineers/users and approves designs for modifications and/or requests for mechanical engineering support.
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate is a Senior Mechanical Engineer, with an accredited degree/bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, chartered engineer status or equivalent professional affiliation, with experience in the definition and design of Greenfield Oil & Gas facilities (for Offshore) He/she must possess the following attributes:|
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant oil and gas industry experience post-graduation.
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience on ITT package development, FEED and Detailed Engineering phases for Well Head Platforms.
- Excellent understanding of both rotating and static equipment packages, and material selection aspects.
- Familiarity with the codes and standards of ASME, API and ANSI, and is current on new scientific engineering methods.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers.
- Strong communication, networking, collaboration and well developed team-working skills, especially in multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams.
- Highly competent interpersonal and influencing skills to tactfully and diplomatically manage ambiguity, conflict and uncertainty in a culturally diverse environment.
- High awareness of ‘Incident Free’ and ‘Process Safety’ in this challenging development environment
- High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, pre-commissioning, installation, hook-up and commissioning of and on oil & gas facilities.
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written.
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, Project, etc.).