Projects: Head of Project HSSEQ
| Maersk Oil Qatar is currently looking to recruit a Head of Project HSSEQ to join the team based at our Doha offices. This Project Leadership Team opportunity is calling for highly experienced and motivated Head of Project HSSEQ, with a strong background in a Greenfield and Brownfield “Upstream” Oil & Gas Project environment, and in developing the role and the Integrated Project Team, through the Pre-DEFINE, DEFINE (FEED), EXECUTE and SUPPORT & CLOSE-OUT Stages of a major Field Development Plan.|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|There are three ‘key’ elements to this role, which incumbent shall be fully conversant with and deliver on according to the scope and deliverable requirements of each of the identified ‘Key’ Stakeholders (Internal or External), namely; Governance, Services and Monitoring, and as they relate to; Health & Safety, Security, Environment and Quality. Leading the capability development of all, planning, collaboration, integration and training requirements required to deliver top quartile HSSEQ performance on a Project of this scale and complexity.|
The incumbent will be a ‘visible presence’ and ‘drive’ the; MO Safety Culture – ‘Incident Free’ and ‘Process Safety’ requirements through every part of the Project, including Contractors and 3rd Parties.
The incumbent shall further ‘drive’ the processes associated with achieving ‘Top Quartile Project Delivery’ in respect of ‘Quality’ performance through all stages of the Project, with particular emphasis on the; FEED, design, procurement, fabrication, construction, installation and hook-up & commissioning phases of the project, including scope being executed by Contractors and 3rd Parties.
The incumbent shall deliver these responsibilities in line with the Maersk Core Values, the Maersk Oil Global HSE model and applicable Maersk Oil (MO) and Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) standards and procedures, including the development of a Project specific HSSEQ management system, and supporting procedures guidelines and processes.
|Who we are looking for|
|• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (or a relevant other discipline) and preferably a post-graduate HSSEQ qualification;|
• Minimum 20 years relevant HSSEQ experience (post-graduation) in Oil & Gas with emphasis on 'Upstream' offshore Greenfield and Brownfield development projects;
• Plus a minimum 5 years in a similar position on a major-Oil and Gas offshore development project.
• Incumbent should be an experienced HSSEQ professional with 20 plus years of experience working on similar ‘Upstream’ offshore Oil & Gas Projects;
• Incumbent must have experience in and committed to ‘our safety culture – Incident free’ or other similar safety culture initiatives within an oil and gas environment;
• Previous experience of leading integrated HSSEQ teams for Offshore Oil & Gas Projects, ideally across different geographical locations;
• Must have extensive experience in Contractor Management from a HSSEQ perspective, including set-up and evaluation of contractors during ITT pre-qualification for FEED and EPIC Contracts;
• Must have extensive experience in planning, co-ordinating and reporting on activities related to multiple-international site locations from a HSSEQ perspective;
• Must have strong experience in delivering a strong HSE culture during all stages of a Project, both Onshore and Offshore, and at Contractor work sites;
• Must have extensive experience in Quality Management (QA/QC);
• Must have extensive experience in “Incident Investigation”, and preferable trained in Kelvin TOP-SET (minimum 3-day Senior Investigator);
• ‘Out of Function’ secondments or experience would be highly valued (e.g. to operations, drilling or projects), and/or in a Client, Operator, Contractor perspective.
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with operated production of about 557,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day from Denmark, the UK, Qatar, Kazakhstan, Brazil and Algeria. Exploration activities are on-going in Angola, Norway, the US Gulf of Mexico, Greenland, Iraqi Kurdistan and in the producing countries. Turning marginal and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. Maersk Oil is a fully-owned subsidiary of the global conglomerate, the Maersk Group.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|