|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|Through a Line of Sight reporting and governance structure the Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to: |
• Drive an Incident Free environment through establishing a strong safety culture within the Electrical team;
• Oversee FEED and EPC/EPIC Contractors work scope execution for compliance with Maersk Oil Design Standards (MODES), Maersk Oil Technical Standards (MOTS) and contractual completeness.
• Establish Electrical team priorities, targets and activity plans to support the Field Development Plan (FDP) objectives.
• Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are designed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
• Performs electrical engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of engineering issues and problems;
• Major contributor in the preparation and consistency of the following deliverable’s; ITT Packages, Basis of Design, Project Execution Plan, Project Schedule, Project Quality Plan, Functional System Specifications, Statement of Requirements, Equipment Data Sheets, Factory Acceptance Testing, Material Take-Off’s, Vendor Document Manuals, As-built Documents.
• Ensure compliance to health, safety (occupational & process) and environmental excellence procedures and controls for activities under area of responsibility to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude;
• Incorporate/address pertinent lessons learned from previous FDP’s and projects;
• Conduct financial prudence in all decisions;
• Assist in management and coordination of activities from a functional engineering perspective;
• Coordinate efforts of technical disciplines to assure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements;
• Assist in creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitors activities, progress, and milestones;
• Assist in creation and coordination of project man-hour and cost estimates and budgets, and monitors progress and performance against these;
• Prepares project procedures for performance of administrative, project, and design tasks in accordance with contractual obligations;
• Identify and evaluates issues/events that may constitute an increase or decrease in project quality, scope, cost, or schedule;
• Define, manage and/or coordinate project activities that are in compliance with the ‘final’ scope and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and planning are achieved with an ambition level of ‘execute with excellence’;
• Takes the lead on supplier interactions as well as fulfilling the needs (related to the field of expertise) for internal and external customers;
• Is accountable for providing Quality Assurance, design form manufacturability and sustainability, as well as process and product improvement to obtain optimum product quality, reliability, safety, and effectiveness;
• Evaluate and recommend pre-engineering and engineering concepts, designs and development for electrical systems and plants associated with the Company's oil and gas production, maintenance, transport and export;
• Ensures technical integrity and HSE requirements are met cost effectively throughout the development cycle;
• Provides expert/consultancy service to other engineers/users and approves designs for modifications and/or requests for engineering support;
• Mentor high potential staff and ensure they have the right education, training and competencies to carry out their duties and help create a learning environment;
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer, with an accredited degree/bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, chartered engineer status or equivalent professional affiliation, with experience in FEED and detailed design of Greenfield and Brownfield Oil & Gas facilities (for Offshore) minimum;|
Minimum 10 years of relevant oil and gas industry experience post-graduation, including at least 3 years at senior level.
Excellent understanding of HV power generation, power systems, electrical equipment packages and Hazardous area classification.
Is familiar with the IEC codes and standards
Has sound knowledge and understanding on EU directive 94/9/EC: Atmospheric Explosive Directive. Equipment and Protective Systems Intended for Use in Potentially Explosive Atmospheres
Has sound knowledge and understanding on EI IP-MCSP-P15: “Model Code of Safe Practice Part 15: Area Classification Code for Installations Handling Flammable Fluids”.
Knowledge of construction, installation and Hook-up and Commissioning aspects for offshore facilities, and the critical integration requirements between Greenfield and Brownfield facilities (production platforms).
Able to effectively communicate technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers.
Strong communication, networking, collaboration and well developed team-working skills, especially in multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams.
Highly competent interpersonal and influencing skills to tactfully and diplomatically manage ambiguity, conflict and uncertainty in a culturally diverse environment.
High awareness of ‘Incident Free’, ‘Process Safety’ and ‘Design Integrity’ in this challenging development environment.
High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, pre-commissioning, installation, hook-up and commissioning of and on oil & gas facilities.
Strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written.
Fully conversant in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, etc.).