Projects: Operational Readiness & Assurance Lead
|The Operations Readiness & Assurance Lead is responsible for ensuring the Company asset projects have properly incorporated operational requirements into all phases of project development, that projects deliver on their original promises (in terms of production, cost, life-cycle reliability & availability) and that they are fully ready for handover to the 'Operate' phase performing the safe and efficient operation of that asset in a sustainable and environmentally friendly manner.|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|The Operations Readiness & Assurance Lead will ensure processes are ready, fit for purpose and aligned with agreed standards and aspirations and to ensure people are ready, in numbers, and competencies, to operate and maintain the system as intended. To ensure support services and contracts are ready, aligned with life cycle cost management strategies and supportive of value preservation.|
Through a Line of Sight reporting and governance structure the Lead Planner Specialist is responsible for, but not limited to:
• To be able to liaise with existing operations department and Operations readiness team, and ensure the development will integrate into an existing Brownfield Asset.
• The development of Operations Readiness & Assurance (OR&A) Philosophy.
• Regularly review OR&A Guidelines to ensure they are in line with changing conditions within the company.
• Develop guidelines that will assist Site that ensure that all personnel recruited for OR&A are adequately trained and competent in their respective disciplines in accordance with regulatory requirements and company expectations.
• Ensure that and all persons within the project OR&A team fully comply with all Project HSE requirements. Achieve Project Target of Zero LTI.
• Promote OR&A health, safety and environmental awareness through inductions, training, inspection and promotions.
• Assist in investigation all incidents/accidents and near misses and present reports accordingly
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for an Operations Readiness & Assurance Lead with Extensive experience in Project/Facilities/Construction Engineering or Operations work. Large scale project experience is a must within the Oil & Gas sector;|
• Minimum 12 years oil & gas industry experience [preferably offshore oil & gas processing]
• Seasoned operations professional with solid years of production / maintenance experience, project execution, field start-ups, and/or project supervision (e.g. commissioning)
• Experienced in implementing OR&A programs for oil & gas majors
• Developed professional technical integrity related manuals/ procedures/guidelines
• Team player. Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills with good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentations) are essential. Working under pressure in challenging environment.
• High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, pre-commissioning, installation, hook-up and commissioning of oil & gas facilities.
• Develop & implement a customized OR&A programme
• Well conversant with an oil & gas operating company plant & project activities with a focus on global OR&A best practices
• Able to take sound OR&A decisions in co-ordination with technical authorities, plant engineers, project management teams, etc. to safeguard asset integrity of all projects.
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field.
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|