Projects: Lead Cost Engineer
|The Lead Cost Engineer will supervise the work of cost controllers and engineers that serves the entire project organisation and will be responsible for establishing the framework and cost function along with all processes, procedures and practices in line with best practice during pre-FEED, through Define stage and upon Project Sanction the Execute and Support & Close-Out stages. The Lead Cost Engineer will be leading the effective delivery of all aspects of project cost control, cost reporting and cost forecasting in a project in accordance with company procedures and Contract requirements. The incumbent will provide the required cost function support to projects / assignment teams and to provide leadership, guidance and support to the project cost team. |
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|Through Line of Sight reporting and governance structure the Lead Cost Engineer is responsible to the Project Controls Manager for, but not limited to the definition preparation, establishment, consistency and quality of the following;|
• Robust cost management processes, procedures and work documents.
• Definition and drive of clear deliverables for the cost management function.
• Definition of the requirements for the cost engineering tool.
• Sponsor/stakeholder for ‘final’ acceptance and implementation of dedicated tools/software.
• Management of cost engineering team resources.
• Interfacing with finance and planning functions and interacting with other cost management functions in the Asset and Corporate.
• Cost analysis and forecasting.
• Management of cost changes and variance control.
• Performance measurement and assessment.
• Cost management governance & assurance, including ‘health-checks’ on our Contract Teams.
• Project Close-out from a Cost Management perspective.
•Post Implementation Review(s) from a Cost Management perspective.
|Who we are looking for|
|• You will have a Bachelor Degree from a nationally accredited university within engineering, business management or equivalent with 15 years progressive experience within cost engineering, minimum 5 years within major Oil & Gas projects and at least one Oil & Gas multi- billion USD project in the capacity of Senior or Lead Cost Engineer.|
• You will have a proven track record with substantial experience in establishing the cost management function and implementing strategies across multi-billion USD upstream greenfield and brownfield development projects including;
• Establishment of cost management through project FEED and Execution (EPC) project stage in line with industry best practice;
• Definition, configuration and management of cost management systems (including PIMS) and advanced knowledge of integrated project controls systems with interfaces to PSCM and finance systems;
• Excellent communication and influencing skills, across the whole project irrespective of seniority, organizational or contractual boundaries;
• Generation of standards, policies, procedures and guidelines to govern the cost management function;
• Leading a team of project cost personnel.
• As a motivated self-starter you have the ability to articulate complex issues and provide expert advice within cost management.
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|