Projects: Senior Process Engineer (WHP)
|The Senior Process Engineer (WHP) will hold a commensurate amount of responsibility, within the defined decision space and direction from the Lead Process Engineer, and they will play a critical role towards the defined scope and deliverables during the Select/Define stages, for; Well Head, Process, Utility and Accommodation Platforms, Subsea Pipelines, Brownfield Tie-in’s, ITT Packages for FEED, and detailed engineering and procurement activities from a technical, quality and assurance perspective.|
Through application of engineering knowledge, relevant training and experience, the Senior Process Engineer (WHP) shall be responsible for the provision of quality engineering design, support, and assurance to the integrated project team. By applying a common and consistent design approach and working collaboratively with the Maersk Oil Technical Authorities, so that all project deliverables are in compliance with the Maersk Oil Technical Standards (MOTS) and the Maersk Oil Design Engineering Standards (MODES), and if necessary by proposing use of international standards, for areas of the design that are not currently covered by our standards.
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|• Execute process engineering studies.|
• Be Responsible for the regular update of key process documents and simulation models e.g. PIDs, C&Es, flare and blow down models.
• Contribute to development of Functional Design Specification and Function System Specifications for the FDP packages.
• Ensure technical compliance and suitability of equipment by PID review and Vendor document review as applicable.
• Major contributor in the preparation and consistency of the following deliverable’s; ITT Packages, Basis of Design, Project Execution Plan, Project Schedule, Project Quality Plan, Functional System Specifications, Statement of Requirements, Equipment Data Sheets, Factory Acceptance Testing, Material Take-Off’s, Vendor Document Manuals, As-built Documents.
• Be responsible for producing philosophies and design basis documents.
• Review detailed design engineering drawings and other technical documents to ensure compliance with applicable standards, requirements and design objectives.
• Obtain 3rd party design approval from authorities in matters related to design verification.
• Provide assistance as required to ensure an efficient handling of as-built updates.
• Participate in multi-discipline and inter-departmental workshops and task forces.
• Prepare response to technical queries from vendors and contractors and from other Company departments.
• Participate in the review and development of commissioning procedures and operating procedures for new facilities. Assist in offshore commissioning.
• Perform periodic offshore inspection visits in relation to the design of offshore modifications and tie-in of new facilities.
• Coordinate and participate in process safety related reviews (HAZOP, HAZID).
• Participate in offshore safety audits as required.
• Ensure that in all matters safety, economical and technical assessments are made, due diligence is observed and initiative taken to secure the best economical results.
• Actively monitor work progress such that risks and problem areas are identified, reported and solutions identified.
• Bring forward suggestions for improvements in time and cost within the areas of responsibility.
• Identify areas of technical innovation that can improve Company safety, profitability or reliability
• Be responsible for developing and mentoring other process junior process engineers, through our MITAS programme and Qatari nationals through our National Development Committee.
|Who we are looking for|
|an accredited degree/bachelor’s degree in chemical or mechanical (process) engineering, with experience in the definition and design of Greenfield Oil & Gas facilities (for Offshore) minimum;|
• Possess minimum 15 years (post-graduation) of relevant oil and gas industry experience in process engineering, relevant to Greenfield and Brownfield projects for offshore facilities, and
• Preferably 5 years in a Process engineering role, preferably with experience of FEED and detailed engineering on Well Head Platforms.
Possess a safety oriented mindset and have prior experience in environments where Incident Free operations are treated with utmost priority.
Preferably have a good understanding of the latest technology advances in process engineering and remote applications.
Knowledge of construction, installation and Hook-up and Commissioning aspects for offshore facilities, and the critical integration requirements between Greenfield and Brownfield facilities (production platforms).
Should be a team player showing individual initiative, responsibility and integrity, and a high level of decision making with their allocated decision space.
Possess strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written
Capable of working in an international and multicultural environment, and managing others in the team.
Excellent computer skills, in particular; MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook, and proficient in the use of industry standard process engineering applications (e.g. Hysys) including process simulation and calculation programs.
Must have excellent teamwork skills being able to work with the various sub-teams to resolve issues and reach decisions that are in the best interest of delivering projects related to Field Development Planning.
Possess a sound understanding and knowledge of current versions of applicable process engineering codes, standards and design guidelines.
Preferably, have knowledge of Flow Assurance and Process Control of Greenfield and Brownfield facilities (production platforms).
|>||Last application date: 25 January 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|