Projects: Lead Materials and Welding Engineer
|The Lead Materials and Welding Engineer will hold a commensurate amount of responsibility, within the defined decision space and direction from the Project Engineering Manager, and they will play a critical role towards the defined scope and deliverables during all project stages for; Well Head, Process, Utility and Accommodation Platforms, Subsea Pipelines and equipment, Brownfield Tie-in’s, ITT Packages for FEED, and detailed engineering and procurement activities from a technical, quality and assurance perspective.|
Through application of engineering knowledge, relevant training and experience, the Lead Materials Welding Engineer shall be responsible for the provision of quality engineering design, support, services and assurance to the integrated project team. By applying a common and consistent design approach and working collaboratively with the Maersk Oil Technical Authorities, so that all project deliverables are in compliance with the Maersk Oil Technical Standards (MOTS) and the Maersk Oil Design Engineering Standards (MODES), and if necessary by proposing use of international standards, for areas of the design that are not currently covered by our standards.
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|Through a Line of Sight reporting and governance structure the Lead Materials and Welding Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to: |
• Drive an incident free environment through establishing a strong safety culture within the Mechanical team;
• Establish Materials and Welding team priorities, targets and activity plans to support the Field Development Plan (FDP) objectives. Ensure direct reports are fully aligned and empowered to deliver;
• Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports in the execution of their responsibilities; encourage innovative thinking around process safety and production optimisation;
• Ensure proper target setting and performance appraisal of direct reports in line with Company procedures and guidelines;
• Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are designed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner;
• Manage and coordinate external studies on specific material aspects and/or concerns as a result of Lessons Learned from the BU and the CISCC project.
• Supervise the work of other Materials and Welding engineers on other packages/projects related to the field development plan;
• Performs materials and welding engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of materials and welding engineering issues and problems;
• Major contributor in the preparation and consistency of the following deliverable’s; ITT Packages, Basis of Design, Project Execution Plan, Project Schedule, Project Quality Plan, Functional System Specifications, Statement of Requirements, Equipment Data Sheets, Factory Acceptance Testing, Material Take-Off’s, Vendor Document Manuals, As-built Documents.
• Ensure compliance to health, safety (occupational & process) and environmental excellence procedures and controls for activities under area of responsibility to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude;
• Incorporate/address pertinent lessons learned from previous FDP’s and projects;
• Conduct financial prudence in all decisions;
• Assist in management and coordination of activities from a functional engineering perspective;
• Coordinate efforts of technical disciplines to assure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements;
• Assist in creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitors activities, progress, and milestones;
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Lead Materials and Welding Engineer, with an accredited degree/bachelor’s degree in materials engineering / science or suitable related alternative, chartered engineer status or equivalent professional affiliation and an accredited welding engineer (EWE / IWE), with experience in the definition and design of Greenfield Oil & Gas facilities (for Offshore) minimum;|
• 15 years of relevant oil and gas industry experience post-graduation, and
• 10-15 years’ experience on ITT package development for FEED and detailed engineering phases on Mega Offshore Greenfield projects; Well Head, Process, Utility and Accommodation platforms (jacket and topside), subsea pipelines and systems.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Lead Engineer role with responsibility for team target setting and delivery, and management of relevant Contractor deliverables to ensure quality and on schedule completion.
• The required experience and knowledge to act as the Project primary technical reference for materials selection, metallurgy, welding / fabrication, related QA/QC, inspection (NDE) and coatings during all project phases leading up to start-up.
• Fully conversant with relevant international standards (ASME, API, ISO, etc.) related to metallic and non-metallic materials selection, material manufacture, welding/fabrication, inspection (NDE) and coatings.
• Demonstrable experience of ensuring application of Company standards throughout all project phases.
• A detailed knowledge and understanding of materials selection for process and utility systems, pipelines and subsea equipment; including recent experience in the application of relevant Industry Standards and EOR developments.
• Experienced in the use of corrosion prediction modelling software and / or assessment of output data in support of material selection studies.
• A qualified welding engineer with experience in the development of welding specifications, and review of welding, fabrication and NDE procedures. Experienced in welding engineering and metallurgy of corrosion resistant alloys.
• Working knowledge of the selection and related QA/QC aspects of external, internal and pipeline coatings.
• Experience of material manufacture / metallurgy with a detailed applied knowledge in the areas of CRA component and line pipe manufacturing processes.
• Experience in developing / input to QA/QC plans for material manufacture, fabrication and coating application.
• Experience in developing and managing material testing programs to be undertaken by external parties in support of materials selection.
• Knowledge of construction, installation and Hook-up and Commissioning aspects for offshore facilities, and the critical integration requirements between Greenfield and Brownfield facilities (production platforms).
• Able to effectively communicate technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers.
|>||Last application date: 31 January 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|