|Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. From the farm to your refrigerator, or the factory to your wardrobe, we are developing digital solutions that meet customer needs from one end of the supply chain to the other. Digitization and IT are taking center stage in enabling our customers to trade globally. Join us in Maersk Technology as we re-think what technology can do. |
Established around one year ago, the Vessel and Asset IT is a specialized function with focus on engineering and services for the fleet of 300+ vessel and 3+ million containers. We are growing in numbers to cater for the increasing demand of services leveraging the vast amount of data that our fleet of vessels and containers already generate or can be enabled to generate.
To shape future of our digital solutions in the Connected Vessel program, we are looking for a driven solution architect to join the Vessel & Asset IT Organization in Maersk Technology.
|An exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Technology offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Spain and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.|
As Solution Architect, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of Technology supports the transport and logistics business.
The Solution Architect will work on multiple projects in the Connected Vessel program. The program consists of several projects which overall aim is at improving our container vessels’ operation. Main objective is reducing fuel consumption on our vessels by delivering, visualizing and analyzing high quality, real-time vessel data to enable fast and reliable decision making for both vessel crew and shore side personnel.
|You will be a contributing solution architect in multiple teams. Your tasks will among other things include the following:|
• Participation in the end to end solution process design together with business team.
• Documentation and design of interfaces between key systems within the solution and review of designs from relevant project teams.
• Assessing existing and design future application landscape within the area.
• Conducting Proof of Concepts in order to support design/technological decisions
• Gathering functional & technical requirements for solution and system interfaces, advising on trade-offs prior to final solution specification.
• Providing recommendations to the business on solutions, taking into account any cross-functional impact.
• Reviewing and approving UAT scenarios and training materials.
• Reviewing testing approach and materials to ensure business requirements are met.
• Interaction with infrastructure teams to size platform and support provisioning of hosting/hardware.
|Who we are looking for|
|• IT educational background or related experience|
• Solid experience from roles like Solution architect, Developer, or Technical Analyst.
• Extensive Solution Delivery experience and some stakeholder management experience.
• Good understanding of various technical areas like Cloud Technologies (preferably Microsoft Azure), Multi device web applications and native mobile platforms. You have strong command over designing Enterprise Integrations, Highly Scalable APIs and cross platform communications.
• Knowledge on integration to industrial operational technologies is a plus.
• You understand basic security principles that enable you to take meaningful discussion at various levels of the security organization
• You can successfully drive the process of working with the business to understand new business requirements and translate them into detailed functional requirements in the application development process.
• Strong communicator who can establish and maintain a high level of business trust and confidence.
• Excellent Written and Verbal skills in English with people at all levels across the organization.
• Focused on quality.
• Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment and thrive in an international environment.
|>||Last application date: 07 February 2020.|
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|