Regional Technical Manager
|CopenhagenLocalShip Management/Shipping Offshore Operations||Ref.: SV-231440|
|Join Svitzer and become part of an exciting, market leading, and vibrant company within the maritime industry. Svitzer offers an excellent opportunity to play a key role in transforming the Technical function, turning strategy into practice.|
|The position offers a great career development opportunity within the maritime service industry working for the world’s leading towage provider. We strive every day compassionately to maintain our world leading position, drive change, and win in the markets in which we operate. This opening is an opportunity to gain experience within Technical management, in a substantial part of the European towage market and become part of the Operational Management team in Europe.|
As our new Regional Technical Manager, you will work closely with functional managers and the frontline to develop your business. You will grow your professional career through leadership, and you will adopt a broad network within Svitzer as well as in the Maersk Group, where learning and development opportunities are numerous.
In this role, you will be responsible for functional leadership of Technical Managers dispersed around local offices in Europe, and you will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer of Svitzer Europe. You will also form part Svitzer’s Global Technical Management team and have a functional report to the Chief Technical Officer of Svitzer.
The position is to be based in Copenhagen. Extensive travelling is to be expected, mostly to UK.
|You will be responsible for translating strategic initiatives into meaningful technical measures and developments in Europe, where you will lead the technical operations at regional level while working closely with the global organization. Your will be taking ownership of technical operations and keeping the COO advised of any important technical developments. Further, you will be responsible for developing and promoting technical expertise through indirect leadership.|
Your key areas of responsibility:
• Ensure that cost leadership and technical ownership across the technical organization within the region is at the correct level. Ensure that the technical team at port level lead by example and ensure fleet performance optimization.
• Support and contribute in forming the global technical operating model. Furthermore, optimize end to end processes and systems to ensure the proper delivery, measurement and management of the technical facet within the region.
• Support head office in standardizing procedures and documentation within the technical area to align with industry and Class best practice as well as SVITZER HMS (Harmonized Management System) and PMS (Planned Maintenance System) set up and guidelines.
• Driving cost awareness and TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) of the technical function within the region, utilize existing tools to ensure proper fleet performance measurement across the region
• Oversee and sign off on technical budgets and ROFOs, both CAPEX and OPEX within the region.
• Ensure adherence to the global docking process and in cooperation with the regional procurement team identify and execute in areas of CAPEX optimization.
• Analyze trends and benchmark performance of vessel assets to optimize, identify and record statistics for competitive advantage and operational improvement while ensuring the useful capture of data amongst the region.
• On a regular basis, visit all operations to ensure that the technical systems and processes are present and in effect, supporting the local teams to deliver quality to our customers
• On Regional level, oversee the implementation and development of the maintenance and repair procedures with an aim of improving reliability, identifying trends and establishing root causes behind equipment failure. On a global perspective support head office in aligning and improving maintenance procedures across the globe.
• Assisting in the business development function by technically qualifying leads and ascertaining the cost impact elements of new business for projects relating to the region.
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate has an educational background in Mechanical/Maritime Engineering/Naval Architecture (Bachelor and/or Masters degree), combined with extensive professional experience in managing and leading technical staff. |
At least 5 years of Technical Manager experience within the maritime industry is a must. You should have experience in managing fleet performance as well as leading the relevant technical team. The successful candidate in this position should be fully conversant with the financial side of things. Previous experience with RoFo handling, budgeting and cost control is highly appreciated.
You have an analytical mindset and it’s in your nature to apply logical and systematic thinking to analyze information, designing and testing solutions to problems and formulating plans.
You have excellent stakeholder management skills and are a skilled networker, able to connect people in dispersed networks and bridging the gap to ensure cooperation and knowledge sharing. Furthermore, you have experience in managing and motivating staff and ship crews of varying capabilities and competence.
You have proven record of project management skills with projects that have been implemented and brought satisfactory results to the company you have been working to.
You take pride in taking Safety into account in all your decisions and act as a safety role model, while at the same time being receptive to new ideas and willing to adopt innovations within your field.
You have a global mindset supported by high level of proficiency and confidence in spoken and written English, and you feel comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
Please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter, where you elaborate about your motivation to apply.
|>||Last application date: 31 December 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Tim Allen, Regional COO: +44.1642258374; Ana Pimentel, HRBP: +45.27119925.
|svitzer.com||For more than 175 years, Svitzer has been providing customised marine services to clients worldwide. Our diverse and purpose built fleet of 400+ vessels operates in more than 40 countries, providing tailored solutions in harbour, terminal and offshore towage as well as in salvage operations. The cornerstone of our business is an unconditional respect for each other and the world we live in. To achieve this, Svitzer sets the highest standards of training and knowledge in our industry, and encourages a culture of safety, innovation, and entrepreneurship amongst its employees. We stand ready to provide safety and support at sea.|