Software Engineer for Industrial Technology
|Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. From the farm to your refrigerator, or the factory to your wardrobe, we are developing digital solutions that meet customer needs from one end of the supply chain to the other. Digitization and IT are taking center stage in enabling our customers to trade globally. Join us in Maersk Technology as we re-think what technology can do. |
Established around one year ago, Industrial Technology is a specialized function with focus on engineering and services for the fleet of 300+ vessel and 3+ million containers. We are growing in numbers to cater for the increasing demand of services leveraging the vast amount of data that our fleet of vessels and containers already generate or can be enabled to generate.
To shape future of our digital solutions in the Connected Vessel program, we are looking for a driven software engineer to join the Industrial Technology Organization in Maersk Technology.
|An exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Technology offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Spain and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.|
As Software Engineer, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of Technology supports the transport and logistics business.
The Software Engineer will work in a project under the Connected Vessel program. The overall aim of the program is to improve our container vessels’ operation. Main objective is reducing fuel consumption on our vessels by delivering, visualizing and analyzing high quality, real-time vessel data to enable fast and reliable decision making for both vessel crew and shore side personnel.
The Maersk culture is built on heritage, sustained through innovative thinking, and prided for the level of trust it has earned throughout the years. Without our employees, none of this would be possible. For over a century, Maersk has been doing business in industries where trust means everything. The secret behind Maersk’s reputation as a credible and valuable business partner is its people. In every business unit, in every office around the world, Maersk has always been driven by a strong team spirit, and an even stronger sense of pride. At Maersk, every employee is empowered to achieve and surpass their potential, while remaining focused on creating lasting business relationships and long-term, sustainable success.
Maersk is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. In addition to salary, our package consists of a pension scheme, health insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
|• Designing, implementing, testing, deploying, and maintenance of products.|
• Encouraging and advising on good practice in building reliable, scalable applications.
• Collaboration with IT teams on design and implementation of efficient solutions for storing and querying a wide variety of operational data.
• Monitoring of developed software.
• Timely and responsible delivery of solid, dependable products with potential for high impact on the corporate business.
|Who we are looking for|
• At least 3+ years of experience with development of successful products in the industry.
• Expertise in at least one compiled programming language, preferably C# (alternatively C/C++, Java, Scala etc) and its development ecosystem (compilers, build tools, testing, logging, debugging, monitoring tools, libraries, etc).
• Good familiarity with DBMS-related development: proficiency with SQL, experience working with DBAs.
• Good familiarity with web server applications, web protocols, authentication, authorisation.
• Experience with designing microservice architectures, APIs (REST, other), scaling web sites, performance tuning.
• Familiarity with building customer-facing UIs and mobile apps (not a frontend developer role).
• Strong focus on iterative, short step delivery.
• Excellent English Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organization.
• Focused on quality.
• Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment and thrive in an international environment.
• Good social skills, ability to collaborate with people of different personalities, background and ways of working.
• Experience with designing, building, and monitoring cloud-based architectures, deployment to major cloud provider services (ideally Azure).
• Masters’ Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
• Proven algorithmic problem-solving skills.
• Experience in building and monitoring distributed systems with shared memory and/or message passing concurrency
|>||Last application date: 03 December 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed: email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||As applications are reviewed on a daily basis, please note that vacancies may be filled sooner than the deadline indicated. Therefore you are kindly advised to apply as early as possible. For further information please contact Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed: Farhana.firstname.lastname@example.org|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|