|Maersk Oil Trading is the world’s largest commercial buyer of marine fuel, focusing on innovation and setting new industry standards. |
We purchased 12 million MT of fuel oil for our own vessels as well as 3rd party customers.
Our clients include Maersk Line, Maersk Tankers, Maersk Supply Services and Svitzer.
We are a diverse mixture of talented, creative industry experts, traders and analysts.
We join together in a shared vision of creating world class solutions that benefit our customers, the industry and our environment.
Our flat organizational structure focuses on giving responsibility to our team members, and encouraging their flexibility and creativity to better drive our corporate vision.
Maersk Oil Trading consists of around 70 employees located in a handful of offices around the world – from New York and Singapore to Mumbai, Rotterdam and Copenhagen.
|The quantitative analyst will take responsibility of understanding the situation and building ML or AI models with guidance from the Global Head of Market Analysis and upper management. In the process, the quantitative analyst must collaborate with different business units, data engineers, and full-stack developers to understand the task requirements, prototype the best feasible solution, and execute the entire model development. |
It is imperative that candidate is open to experiment and learn new technologies as per the task requirement.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams and open to take leadership when required and follow directions when necessary.
He or she should have a keen interest and understanding of the global oil and shipping markets and be able to tie data insights into the larger picture.
|Who we are looking for|
- A graduate degree in a quantitative discipline such as computer science or mathematics. Pure sciences i.e. physics, chemistry and similar disciplines also relevant
- Postgraduate study such as a Masters or Doctorate preferable
- 1-5 years’ experience in a quantitative analytics or data science role
- Literate in using programming languages such as Python, Matlab, C++, C# etc
- Has an industry experience, which demonstrates building business relevant quantitative solutions within the commodities or shipping sector
- Ability to analyse large data sets and present relevant insights from that data
- Comfortable interacting with different kinds of databases and extract relevant data from the different databases
- Experience with building production ready models and maintaining models in production
- Strong skills in undergraduate level statistics, linear algebra, modelling fundamentals, and probability
- Strong skills in computational thinking (Numerical Analysis) i.e. translating math into units of codes using appropriate data structures
- The candidate should be passionate about the shipping and oil markets and have a sincere interest in the industry, whilst also having Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Detail oriented and efficient problem solver. Ability to synthesize diverse set of information to prototype business solutions
- The candidate should have an excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be open, forthcoming and like to work in a collaborative, focused environment
|>||Last application date: 30 October 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Maj-Britt Clayton on email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|