|Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. As we seek to secure sustainable growth of our businesses, we need to re-think the way we engage with our customers and partners. Digitisation and IT are taking centre stage in enabling this engagement. Join us in Transport and Logistics IT as we re-think what technology can do to drive growth. |
If you are passionate about working in an ambitious and ever-changing environment, developing new products that engage and provide an improved customer experience – keep reading.
Working in a highly focused and skilled Agile Feature Team you will serve as a Scrum Master. The Scrum Master role involves understanding the agile processes, partnering with Product Owner/Client leadership teams, and working with project teams to deliver on-time and on budget.
|Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As a Scrum Master, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakehold-ers across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Application Development, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working
|The most critical tasks for a Scrum Master are:|
• Understanding the agile processes, partnering with the Product Owner, and working with the team to successfully deliver.
• Coaching other Scrum Masters and the team members on Agile principles, values and practices.
• Work with Product Owner to refine and priorities backlog.
• Collaboration with other scrum masters, developers, architects, designers, UX experts, external agencies, partners and key people in the business. Helping to drive engagement with stakeholders.
• Driving agility and quality to ensure the team delivers the right quality product. Assisting the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done.
• Advising Senior Stakeholders on Scrum and Agile at scale methods and processes.
• Guiding the team in establishing normalized estimates and helping the team understand how to estimate
• Actively Participating in the Scrum Master/Agile community, sharing and re-applying skills.
• Facilitate development teams in implementing applications, with focus on high code quality and performance.
• Collaborating to identify and mitigate risks, issues and dependencies.
• Organises and facilitates daily stand ups, sprint planning meetings, backlog refinement, retrospective meetings and sprint demos.
• Shield sprint teams from outside distractions and unintended dependencies and interference. Acts as a safeguard for the scrum team.
• Ensure the teams have all the resources they need to remove impediments in a timely manner.
• Communicate with other teams and management on progress and dependency handling and ensure the transparency of the team.
• Supporting the recruitment of team members across the department. Identifying training needs and providing coaching/mentoring.
|Who we are looking for|
|The key skills that will be required by the Scrum Master: |
• Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
• Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
• Knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Kanban, Scrum, XP etc.
• Solid written and concise verbal communication skills and able to articulate technical complexity to be understood by both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Proven influencing, coaching and mentoring experience.
• Ability to track and remove impediments.
• Proven ability to facilitate sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint retrospective, daily stand ups and other agile sessions. Experience of working with multi-location teams.
• Ability to lead the team efforts in relentless improvement. Helping the team improve and take responsibility for their actions. Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities.
• Able to provide constructive feedback.
The key behavioural traits expected by a Scrum Master:
• Friendly and communicative person.
• Conflict resolution and strong negotiating skills. Focussed on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect
• Lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals including mentoring junior staff.
• A champion of industry best-practice within the organisation, advocating for technologies that can improve the way we work.
• Shape the people in the team so that our people continually learn and evolve.
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
• Building a high-performing team. Focusing on the ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Helping the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges and opportunities for growth.
• Drive a DevOps mindset to lead self-managed teams.
|>||Last application date: 18 October 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||Maersk is an equal opportunities employer. You can find our statement on equal opportunities at https://www.maersk.com/en/procurement/responsible-procurement/labour-and-human-rights/equal-opportunity|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|