|Pick a point on the globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 90% of global trade carried by sea, there is a fairly high chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel. Would you like to be part of a team that impacts the daily lives of people in every corner of the world? Then keep reading. |
We are seeking a detail-oriented, experienced Platform Service Engineer to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting, servers, router/firewall, satellite communication, databases and systems, updating system hardware and software, troubleshooting for system errors, and assisting team members in supporting all data security and optimization. You will also provide initial new user setup, troubleshoot problems, work with the IT team to swiftly resolve issues, and maintain and update all current configurations.
Must be able to objectively analyse application performance and effectively implement necessary changes.
The platform - unparalleled in the maritime industry - is build inhouse as part of our recent insourcing strategy and soon ready to be rolled out to our fleet in a first version. Your role will be to take the platform from a project setting and ensure its production readiness, establish the application portfolio lifecycle management processes, drive the roadmaps according to our complex business context.
So if topics like infrastructure, core apps, service delivery, Agile, DevOps, capability building as well as stakeholder and people management sit well with you, we can offer unparalleled challenges and opportunities by taking ownership of a foundational piece of infrastructure in the world’s largest container shipping company with the industry’s strongest digitization agenda (https://www.maersk.com/stories/everything-will-be-digitised).
|A unique opportunity for personal and professional development:|
• Be part of a large-scale system implementation, building a strong platform for a future ca-reer at Maersk Line.
• Get to interact with leading IT vendors, internal subject matter experts, and internal and external IT professionals.
• A fast paced and dynamic environment with a distinct respect for the individual.
The job will be based in Pune and be part of our Vessel & Asset IT Portfolio Group, in Maersk Line. Some travel activity can be expected.
|• Perform data backups to ensure all Asset-owned work is saved|
• Install and update system improvements
• Install and configure wireless networking equipment.
• Monitor Servers and Wi-Fi to ensure full coverage.
• Assist with the design, implementation, and support of new software and features.
• Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software and hardware.
• Respond to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software etc.
• Provide helpdesk and technical support either by phone, remote access, or site visits.
• Oversee troubleshooting for system errors.
• Set up equipment for new users and employees.
• Consult with vendors and clients to integrate and update company technology.
• Collaborate with IT team to resolve problems.
• Record and document issues and resolutions.
• Manages and mitigates risk due to changes.
• Maintain positive client relationships.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Gained 5+ years of experience in developing and/or deploying of industrial platforms.|
• Experience with configuring and Maintaining:
• Standard Windows Server Services such as AD, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, VAMT & WDS.
• Windows Failover Cluster and Hyper-V.
• Experience with maintaining code repositories, preferably GIT
• Scripting Experience, preferably with PowerShell.
• Hardware Maintenance and Support
• Experience working server management support.
• Strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail.
• Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organization in English.
• Focused on quality
In addition to above the suitable candidate has ideally:
• Experience in the marine industry
• Bachelor’s in computer engineering, computer science, or related field
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Adept and effective communicator
• Creative, analytical, and driven
• Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
• Enjoys complex problem-solving and collaboration
|>||Last application date: 24 September 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|