Head of Operational and Credit Risk
|• Would you like to play an important part in the exciting journey of Maersk Oil Trade’s risk functions development?|
• Are you capable of developing and maintaining the framework to enable identification and assessment of major operational risks across core and emerging commercial and operational activities?
• Do you have or would you like to gain experience within a trading organisation?
Then this role may be the right career move for you
|A super exciting opportunity to join the risk function of Maersk Oil Trading where we are in the process of developing and strengthing the team.|
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
|The head of operational and credit risk will be responsible for developing and maintaining the framework to enable identification and assessment of major risks across core and emerging commercial and operational activities.|
Specific areas of responsibility:
• Monitor and manage credit risk across MOTs trading counterparties
• Report and analyse operational risks and indicators across MOTs operational activity
• Manage Risk oversight and execution of New Business Assurance process and maintain New Business Assurance tracker, the Functions assurance returns and record of related actions
• Ensure MOT Cargo insurance remains valid and coordinate any update needs with the underwriter;
• Develop and Maintain a balanced (lead and lag) KPI / KRI Dashboard; develop and maintain analysis and reporting processes and data integrity review / reporting; extract learnings and risk insights; drive process improvement activity
• Write trading processes & procedure, providing flow charts and supporting documentations; ensuring policies, procedures and processes are followed and understood
• Develop and maintain appropriate controls; provide insight and education; drive engagement on key operational risk issues.
|Who we are looking for|
|The successful candidate would ideally be from an energy trading background with a minimum of 10 years in operational risk and / or finance / control functions i.e. Commercial Finance, Accounting, Audit, Internal Control, business change and business Assurance.|
You need to possess honed subject matter knowledge, competence and capability to deploy these attributes within busy and challenging environments.
• Extensive risk or control experience including setting up a controls environment
• Previous management experience and a track record of successfully leading and motivating a high performing team
• Excellent working knowledge of front- to-back office processes
• Detailed knowledge of operational risk & control processes and practices, including experience in their application; knowledge of Operational Rigour/ Testing Frameworks and practices; proven experience in design and testing of controls
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player, able to build working relationships within, and across, teams/departments
• Strong IT skills and aptitude, experience of driving IT system improvements;
|>||Last application date: 22 September 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Maj-Britt Clayton on email@example.com.
|maerskoiltrading.com||Maersk Oil Trading is the world’s largest commercial buyer of marine fuel, focusing on innovation and setting new industry standards. We purchased 10 million MT of fuel oil worth USD 3 billion in 2016. As part of A.P. Moller – Maersk, we are responsible for sourcing and optimizing marine fuel and lubricants for the group’s vessel. We are a mixture of talented and passionate academics, traders, and industry experts. We join together in a shared vision of creating world class solutions that benefit our customers, the industry and our environment. Our flat organizational structure focuses on giving responsibility to our team members, and encouraging their creativity to better drive our corporate vision. Everything can be challenged and continuously improved. Maersk Oil Trading consists of around 70 employees located in a handful of offices around the world – from New York and Singapore to Mumbai, Rotterdam and Copenhagen.|