Front End Engineer, Denmark
Can you help to improve global supply chain logistics? Are you excited to work on a platform that handles millions of people booking and tracking shipments around the globe? In this role, you will have long-term ownership of one or more applications (e.g. booking a shipment), covering build, test, transition and operation for Maersk's customer-facing systems.
Do you want to be supported in your development as a software engineer? You will work alongside other developers learning from them and from the wider Maersk technology teams around the world. We pride ourselves on our brands and identity that builds on our heritage. This role is an opportunity to be part of Maersk's digital evolution.
We are strengthening Maersk's software development organisation, focusing on driving ownership, predictability and agility in our technology. We are hiring a Front-End Engineer with Backbone.JS and Vue.JS skills working as a key member of our agile teams.
Together, your skills will be applied to building the customer-facing product to support the dynamic needs of browser-based applications, integrating internal data sources and services to provide reactive and secure end-points for your team’s applications.
In Products and Solutions Engineering, we are responsible for the end-to-end delivery and execution of products and projects.
We're a 900+ geographically distributed organisation across multiple brands and locations, with roles like software engineers, technical product owners, user experience designers, data scientists and agile coaches.
We offer a position in Maersk's software development organisation, where we develop a platform that handles millions of people booking and tracking shipments around the globe.
We offer a position where we put theory into practice and combine our knowledge of software development skills with a business mindset.
You will be working in an international environment in a key function in Maersk’s office in Copenhagen, where you will be involved in setting the direction for how to outperform competition.
Maersk has a very international and highly inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. In addition to salary, our package consists of a pension scheme, health insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
The role will involve:
• Hands-on Implementation of Front-End components using Backbone.JS, Vue.JS, CSS3 and HTML5.
• Defining and maintaining UI development standards for the development teams.
• Practicing effective agile software development; participating in pair programming, regular communication and supporting a culture of end to end ownership.
• Following software standards to ensure quality throughout the development lifecycle
• Taking part in sprint planning, backlog refinement and task estimation
• Providing technical support out-of-hours
• Responsible for the quality and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of your own work
• Participation in the elaboration of user stories (technical and functional). Agree stories are sufficiently described for their implementation, verification and delivery.
• Working collaboratively; pairing on tasks, peer review of team members’ code and constructive feedback for improvement in both the code base and team capability (blame free feedback)
• Keeping builds green by writing testable and tested code
• Active participation in retrospectives to make continual improvements within your team
• Technical support during release activities and to resolve live issues
|Who we are looking for|
• Ability to manage your own task progress and communicate issues to product management and testers
• Delivering successful products to end users in the industry, with success measured by the size of the user base, sales volume, market share, etc.
• Setting, refining and implementing UI standards.
• Having a can-do attitude and being comfortable with tight delivery deadlines and managing priorities
• Customer-focused, whether responding to support queries or developing new features and functionality
• Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
• Solid written and verbal communication skills. Able to articulate technical issues to peers
• Hands-on experience with Backbone.JS and Vue.JS.
• Hands-on experience with HTML5, CSS3, DOM and JSON.
• Writing cross-browser, cross-device UI implementation, with particular focus on Responsive/Adaptive/RESS UI development and where each is most appropriate is crucial.
• Modern software engineering practice (collaborative distributed coding with branching version control, continuous integration and deployment, quality assurance).
• Experience of delivering fully tested small incremental change with a SCRUM process
Nice to have
• Using API gateway products.
• Working with and contributing to open source projects
• Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both a technical and non-technical level.
• Experience using Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) systems for deployment.
• Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)
|>||Last application date: 27 September 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maersk is an equal opportunities employer. You can find our statement on equal opportunities at https://www.maersk.com/en/procurement/responsible-procurement/labour-and-human-rights/equal-opportunity
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|