Head of Svitzer IT Operations
|The Maersk culture is built on heritage, sustained through innovative thinking, and prided for the level of trust it has earned throughout the years. Without our employees, none of this would be possible. For over a century, Maersk has been doing business in industries where trust means everything. The secret behind Maersk’s reputation as a credible and valuable business partner is its people. In every business unit, in every office around the world, Maersk has always been driven by a strong team spirit, and an even stronger sense of pride. At Maersk, every employee is empowered to achieve and surpass their potential, while remaining focused on creating lasting business relationships and long-term, sustainable success.|
|We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk T&L offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Philippines, Spain and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees. |
|In this role you be accountable for the operational delivery of these IT Services including: |
· Run for Infrastructure (delivered through a dedicated Svitzer service provider),
· Run for Applications including application management services,
· Change and Build for Infrastructure,
· Integration of Maersk Technologies with Svitzer Technologies including Service Management
· End-to-end management of End User Technologies and support,
· Svitzer IT Vendor Management,
· Maersk Account Management for Svitzer (e.g., contracts, purchasing and invoicing).
· Lead and support the team including recruitment, mentoring, development, and assessment
· Serve (and be perceived) as the operational single point of contact for Svitzer operational functions including requirements, planning, issue resolution, communications and escalations.
· Partnering with Maersk Cyber, ensure Svitzer Technology compliance with Maersk cyber / security requirements and applicable regional regulatory requirements (e.g., GDPR).
· Ensure processes and procedures are developed, maintained and approved for the operation of the IT on the vessels
· Drive the improve core processes, for example Service Introduction
· Develop, maintain and monitor operations finances including vendor invoice payment
· Oversee all operations vendor agreements and contracts ensuring compliance with SLAs and continuous improvement
· Drive continuous improvement in the area
· Ensure all reporting is timely and to the required standard
· Partnering with Brand CIO, ensure Svitzer Technology is maintained and refreshed minimizing the accumulation of technical debt.
|Who we are looking for|
|· Strong leadership skills and proven experience with either leading leaders or functional leadership |
· A minimum of 10 years’ management experience in IT support or operations, such as client, network, server, service desk
· Demonstrable ability to manage suppliers and vendor contracts
· Strong stakeholder management skills
· Comfortable to contribute to the wider decision making including the development of practices, processes and procedures.
· Friendly, open and service focused
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills in English (both oral and written)
· ITIL experience (certification ideal but not required)
· Experience managing a globally distributed team
· Excellent organizational and planning skills
· Ability to prioritize both individual and team workloads
· Ability to cooperate and collaborate with other teams/vendors (internal & external)
· Good problem-solving abilities
· Focused on quality and continual improvement.
· Business travel should be expected
|>||Last application date: 30 August 2019.|
For further information, please contact: email@example.com.
|svitzer.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||For more than 175 years, Svitzer has been providing customised marine services to clients worldwide. Our diverse and purpose built fleet of 400+ vessels operates in more than 40 countries, providing tailored solutions in harbour, terminal and offshore towage as well as in salvage operations. The cornerstone of our business is an unconditional respect for each other and the world we live in. To achieve this, Svitzer sets the highest standards of training and knowledge in our industry, and encourages a culture of safety, innovation, and entrepreneurship amongst its employees. We stand ready to provide safety and support at sea.|