Local Sourcing Lead
|Aarhus NLocal/InternationalProcurement||Ref.: ML-194096|
|Co-located with the country/ cluster dispatch team in Scandinavia to allow for short lead times, from the start, you will be responsible for independently executing smaller scale end-to-end sourcing projects for the region/country/cluster that reduce cost or enhance Procurement efficiency. |
This includes understanding supplier operating models, executing the ideal negotiation strategies and implementing process changes across multiple departments within or outside of the procurement organisation. You will provide local procurement solutions at a pace that fits the evolving business needs.
The focus in this role will be on strengthening vendor relationships and driving contractual performance in country to support the Maersk Transport and Logistics Strategy.
Your role also needs to ensure contract implementation. Cooperating with a broad variety of stakeholders is part of the daily job; suppliers, stakeholders in Maersk Line, Hamburg Sud, Damco and Sealand.
The role will therefore be instrumental in developing structure, planning and on-time execution of contracts.
The role reports directly to the Head of Inland Procurement & Contract Management (based in Rotterdam) and is dedicated local/ tactical procurement projects for Scandinavia.
Position is based in either Gothenburg, Sweden or Aarhus, Denmark.
|We offer a thrilling and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment across a world class organisation. It is up to you to you use this occasion for professional and personal development and to build an attractive career within an ambitious environment with a lot of future international career opportunities.|
Maersk Line offers a fast paced, stimulating and truly international atmosphere with activities in Scandinavia and Rotterdam. As part of a global network, you will be working closely together with the number of internal stakeholders: dispatch teams, equipment, finance and commercial team and, other Local Sourcing Leads in the region.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees; you are valued as part of our team.
You will work with colleagues in a large variety of positions and roles enabling you to build a great network within Maersk Group.
|• Supports / Manages procurement projects, as per the Six Souring Steps across a wide range of procurement areas with responsibility for stated region|
• According to authority level, manage, handle or participate in negotiations for inland contracts, tariffs and Service Level Agreements within your scope.
• Act as an escalation point internally towards suppliers (and vice versa)
• Calculate and plan to maximise contractual values and mitigate risk
•Cooperating closely with colleagues and stakeholders in LOC, and within Maersk Line & Hamburg Sud with Country clusters, Centre Inland, Inland Network Design, Network & Products, and other LOC/Regional centres.
• Tactical & ad hoc Procurement activities within the region (providing local solutions by applying local knowledge)
• Participate in cross functional NEU LOC projects (within PRO, or outside of PRO)
•Perform supplier market analysis and organise market intelligence for suppliers in scope and benchmark Maersk Liner Business costs with competition and ensure we are cost competitive.
• Support Inland Growth Initiatives
• Facilitate root cause analysis for non-performing contracts
•Support Sourcing Lead where needed
•Upon request, engage in Annual Priority, Joint Cost Plan initiatives, and other cross functional projects.
|Who we are looking for|
|• The ideal candidate should have 4-5 years of work experience on a similar position within shipping or logistics sector, ideally managing truck and rail providers. |
• Your experience within Scandinavian market and/or Skandinavian language proficiency is strogly preferable (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish).
• We expect that you have exceptional analytical and negotiation skills, project management skills as well as a very good understanding of logistics and finance.
• Additionally, you have the natural ability to manage stakeholders, ability to communicate at all levels, work with peers and virtual teams.
• Since the corporate language is English, proficiency in written and spoken English is a must
If you have what it takes, we look forward to receiving your application!
|>||Last application date: 04 January 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Przemyslaw.Reding@maersk.com.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|