Student Assistant - Investment Analysis
|Copenhagen KStudentFinance/Accounting||Ref.: GF-184261|
|Do you want to work in a truly entrepreneurial environment focused on accelerating the future of Maersk?|
Are you searching for an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the entire investment cycle, from scouting deals, conducting due diligence to setting up go-to-market strategies for small businesses?
We are looking for an ambitious Student Assistant to work with us in building new businesses that enable global trade.
|Growth is the Corporate Venture Capital and Venture Builder within Maersk, focused on investing in the right start-ups and building companies from scratch to help them achieve scale and size. Our mission is to build the future of trade within our defined focus areas Enable Trade, Fight Food Waste, Secure Supply Chains & Next Generation Logistics. |
We strive to leverage our experience and expert-knowledge from being a large, established organization, while working in an agile way; starting small and failing fast.
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of building the industry’s best corporate venture team and shaping the future of Maersk.
|As our Student Assistant, you will become a key member of a small and dedicated team that aims at solving complex problems in global trade. |
Amongst many exciting challenges, you will:
• Source interesting investment opportunities by scouting platforms, checking leads from VC firms, market studies and through our internal venture programme
• Manage and track leads on Salesforce and ensure that our Pipeline is constantly up to date
• Analyze new markets and evaluate future business opportunities
• Support the venture partners on deal closing by creating insightful presentations & spot-on reports
• Gain in-depth knowledge in the entire investment cycle, from scouting to due diligence
|Who we are looking for|
|Preferably, you are in the last year of your Bachelor studies or have just started your Master`s in Business, Economics, Finance, Entrepreneurship or similar. |
Furthermore, you have:
• A keen interest in the investment world, international trade & development and solving complex problems in society
• A strong acumen for finance, accounting and numbers – Working with Data is your cardio
• Outstanding analytical skills and a strong attention to detail
• A need to go the extra-mile to deliver high-quality results and meet ambitious deadlines
• First experience in investment banking, consulting, or venture capital would be a plus
• Advanced excel modeling skills and ability to transform results into insightful presentations for stakeholders
• The ability to think on your feet and work independently, while being a true team player and helping-out others when needed
• The flexibility to support us for appr. 15-20 hours per week, ideally on full days
• Excellent English language skills, Danish is not required for this position
|>||Last application date: 31 August 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Aisha Slim: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maersk.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated transport and logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. Including a stand-alone Energy division, the company employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.|