Svitzer Student Assistant, Technical Department
|CopenhagenStudentShip Management/Shipping Offshore Operations||Ref.: SV-178589|
|Use your analytical skills to drive compliance, performance monitoring and maintenance governance across the fleet of a global company. As a student assistant in the Technical Management department at Svitzer you will become an expert in interpreting and analyzing complex data whilst getting insight in business technical operations globally. A major part of this position will focus on building and following up on the Technical KPIs of our fleet, setting up optimization tools for monitoring the performance of the vessels as well as ensuring that the standard technical processes are being followed globally. |
|You will be joining a dynamic, international and growth-focused company. We are an industry leader working to maintain our leading position by transforming the markets in which we operate. We offer the right candidate the opportunity of continuous professional development, both within Svitzer and across Maersk.|
The role is based at our Head Office in Copenhagen, where you will join the Technical Management department. You will be reporting to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) and act as support for the Group’s standard reporting processes ensuring fleet compliance, technical and operational performance measurement.
The Technical Management team sets direction, monitor and coordinate global technical activities for 450 vessels operating all over the world. The team is lean with a flat structure in a performance driven culture where you will be given significant independence to shape your role and contributions to the performance of the team and our Company.
The position is expected to be part-time (20 hours per week).
|As a student assistant in Technical Management team, you will be working closely with colleagues in Copenhagen and across the globe to deliver the following responsibilities:|
• Performance Monitoring: Following up and ensuring compliance of KPIs and the relevant Balanced Scorecard in Operations and across the Svitzer fleet worldwide.
• Performance Monitoring: Following up and ensuring completion and compliance of the Monthly Vessel Report used worldwide to monitor the vessel’s performance.
• Compliance: Monitoring and suggesting improvements to the Group Technical Standard Processes within Svitzer.
• Maintenance Governance: Utilize our PMS (Planned Maintenance System) to identify trends and making recommendations for savings and potential optimizations of our planned maintenance activities.
• Create optimization tools in Excel, Power BI and more, which will help automate the work required to monitor fleet performance. Some examples can be a PM monitoring tool, or a OPEX/CAPEX cost tracker etc.
• Support the CTO in any other special projects / tasks that may arise.
|Who we are looking for|
|You are a confident, energetic person who approaches tasks with a high level of engagement. You are fluent in verbal and written English. You are self-driven and with a desire to drive and complete projects fast and properly. |
• You are actively enrolled in a University programme and eligible to work in Denmark
• Preferably you are studying a Master’s degree in Engineering, Analysis, Finance, Operations Excellence, or Strategy
• You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• You are an advanced user of the Microsoft Office package and familiar with Power BI
• You enjoy taking ownership, responsibility and you are entrepreneurial about finding ways to improve the business
• You thrive in a busy work environment and motivated by the international scope of our business
• You have some relevant work experience, e.g. from a previous student positions
• You have some experience from stakeholder management as you are likely to end up in dialogues with colleagues from both on- and offshore (incl. Senior Management)
• You have a desire to create optimization tools for automating various manual tasks across the Technical Organization
|>||Last application date: 24 June 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Senior HR Partner Jakob Laursen at Jakob.email@example.com.
|svitzer.com||For more than 175 years, Svitzer has been providing customised marine services to clients worldwide. Our diverse and purpose built fleet of 400+ vessels operates in more than 40 countries, providing tailored solutions in harbour, terminal and offshore towage as well as in salvage operations. The cornerstone of our business is an unconditional respect for each other and the world we live in. To achieve this, Svitzer sets the highest standards of training and knowledge in our industry, and encourages a culture of safety, innovation, and entrepreneurship amongst its employees. We stand ready to provide safety and support at sea.|