QC Inspection Engineer - Electrical
|EsbjergLocalOil Operations/Production||Ref.: MO-152631|
|Do you have the electrical expertise to ensure great quality, and are you interested in developing processes, so we can formalise how we ensure quality compliance?|
Then join us to drive, maintain and secure the quality standards needed to create an incident-free and reliable workplace for all employees in the Danish part of the North Sea. In this role, you set the electrical quality standards within the offshore industry.
|The opportunity to take part in a new initiative within Maersk Oil in Esbjerg, where you play a key role in ensuring quality control (QC) requirements are met. Doing so, you set new standards with the Danish Business Unit, as you help develop the framework for future onshore QA/QC systems and functions. |
We are changing our ways of working, and you will help establish a formal QC process to enhance onshore QC by focusing on quality checks of materials against vendor supplied records before offshore shipment. This is new to us, so you will get to influence your own tasks, as you help us optimise daily quality operations.
In Maersk Oil, we have high quality standards, and you will become a true expert, as you make your way through our material specifications. Specifications that you as well as internal and external partners alike need to honour, so they are up-to-date and used correctly.
|Your job is to ensure onshore quality compliance of electrical and instrumentation equipment, materials and goods to be shipped offshore for installation and use. This is essential for an incident-free and reliable workplace – onshore and offshore – where safety is a major priority and quality control is how we achieve it. On a day-to-day basis, your job is primarily to: |
• Inspect materials received with and without quality requirements to report non-compliance and issues to purchasers, case engineers and the organisation
• Verify compliance of materials/equipment against vendor supplied data
• Collaborate with and provide efficient service to external (contractors) and internal (the onshore and offshore organisation) partners
• Create an efficient QC flow to prevent bottlenecks, manage all QC materials in SAP and prepare documentation for offshore use
• Establish and maintain knowledge of relevant technical standards and legislation
• Plan and execute inspections at the warehouse and, in certain cases, vendor location.
|Who we are looking for|
|You join a dynamic environment in the process of re-establishing our way of doing QC. Here, you will encounter processes that need adjusting, just as you will need to rethink how we hone the demands from our offshore partners. |
To do so, your communication and stakeholder management skills will be put to good use. This so you can identify key stakeholders, initiate productive collaborations and ultimately make sure our high standards are adhered to. Also, you probably:
• Hold an education as Electrical Engineer, Marine Engineer or similar
• Have relevant experience within electrical engineering and quality inspection, preferably within the offshore industry and maybe even with materials specifications
• Proven knowledge of instrumentation equipment, ATEX, Ex, HV and LV equipment
• Are used to communicating in Danish and English, verbally and in writing.
|>||Last application date: 22 November 2017.|
For further information, please contact: QA/QC Team Lead, Richard Marron +45 7911 1265.
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|