Operations Manager - Short Term Assignment
|OnneLocal/InternationalTerminal Operations/Engineering||Ref.: AT-122178|
|Provide leadership and direction needed for the operations of the Container Terminal in the operations department and to maintain and create safe working conditions while ensuring excellent customer service and maintaining a high productivity and cost efficient operation. |
|We offer a safe, friendly, engaging working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth and a competitive compensation package. In addition, we offer exposure to international standards multi-purpose terminal operations. |
- Execute strategies for the operations department in line with & contributing to the company vision & strategy, within the borders of business plan & budget.
- Manage the daily operations according to the agreed operating principles of the business & relationships with customers.
- Participate in selection, negotiation & finalizing agreements with suppliers & customers & where appropriate be responsible for execution & maintenance of service levels as agreed.
- Contribute input to development in technology & systems as applicable to improve efficiencies in cost, productivity & customer service.
- Ensure compliance with HSSE policies & procedures by all operational staff and enforce safe working practices and ensure lost time injuries are kept to a minimum..
- Ensure a cost efficient operation in excess current best practices.
- Measure and monitor performance against critical criteria, policy and guidelines.
- Direct reports and labour in the operations department are trained in best operation practices with regards to advanced operations strategies and new technology.
- Achieve the Company’s and its customer’s expectations with regard to operational efficiency, productivity and reliability.
- Liaise with labour unions to ensure industrial harmony with the workforce
- Manage employee performance issues including training, appraisals, discipline and grievances.
|Who we are looking for|
|Candidate with a Bachelor degree in Logistics, Maritime and Port Management, process/industrial engineering or a marine qualification, at least at Masters 1st Class level (having had command of a vessel)|
Post graduate studies in Port and/or Terminal Management, or related business studies.
7 years or more of strong leadership & managerial experience in terminal operations environment.
Experience in finance related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
Experience in Ship Gear and Mobile Harbour Crane Operations.
In-depth comprehensive understanding of container terminal operations, especially vessel cargo logistics, hazardous cargo, special cargo handling requirements and equipment.
Advanced level of verbal and written communications skills in English.
|>||Last application date: 02 December 2016.|
For further information, please contact: .
|apmterminals.com||Located in the Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone, our terminal caters to the greater Port Harcourt area and eastern Nigeria, including the local lucrative Oil industry. |
| ||At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.|