Assistant Marine Superintendent - Milford Haven
|LocalShip Management/Shipping Offshore Operations||Ref.: SV-105274|
|SVITZER is the largest global company within towage and related services. We employ over 4000 employees and have a fleet of over 500 tugs. We are part of the Denmark-based A.P. Moller/Maersk group – the world`s largest group of maritime companies. |
The position will be based in our Milford Haven operations and the successful candidate will assist the Towage Manager and wider port management team in the provision of marine operational expertise to ensure all vessels and crew meet their safety, environmental and operational requirements.
|You will be joining a dynamic, international and growth-focused company. We are an industry leader working to maintain our leading position by transforming the markets in which we operate. We offer the right candidate the opportunity of continuous professional development.|
Competitive salary and benefits.
Candidates should have the right to live and work in the UK, hold a current driving license and valid passport.
|• To assist in the day to day management of the marine operations ensuring that Svitzer obligations for availability of expertise, equipment and personnel are met at all times in order to maintain customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.|
• Work with Marine Standards to promote safe operations, quality assurance and security of the business;
• To carry out incident investigations and close out open cases and proactive reports in the company’s incident and safety reporting system
• Proactively support Svitzer and its commitment to safety, ensuring that all operations are risk assessed, adequately resourced and all appropriate procedures as defined in HMS, permits and licences are in place;
• To assist the Towage Manager and deputise when required, to maximise the operational efficiency and effectiveness of marine operations and marine equipment in compliance with the Svitzer operating manual, with a particular emphasis on health & safety issues and lifesaving/firefighting equipment.
• Assist in the maintenance of the Quality and Safety Management System, and ensure that Captains carry out the necessary drills on board vessels, as well as ensuring that all procedures are correctly followed
• To assist in the coordination of training and development ensuring that marine (deck and engine) personnel meet Svitzer and national requirements with respect to certification and training.
• Working with the Compliance Officer in HR and Crewing Assistant to ensure that all crews have up to date certification;
• To be responsible for ensuring a timely and complete crew change in terms of manning level and timing.
• To manage the input of order, work time, and billing details in the tug job order management system.
• Assist the Towage Manager and Commercial Teams in business development/sales activities including the preparation of commercial/Business Development Tenders
• Drive up employee engagement through effective day to day management of our people and ensuring that people are kept informed of what is happening in the business
• Build and nurture relationships with local customers to derive maximum value from the business relationship;
• To participate in the Duty Marine Officer on call rota
• To undertake other duties as required in line with home port requirements
• Any other reasonable management request
|Who we are looking for|
|Excellent written and oral communication skills |
Influencing and leadership skills
In addition we are looking for someone who has:
•5 GCSEs including English and Maths or equivalent
• Seagoing or Maritime experience required
• Familiarity with Maritime Rules, Regulations, Codes and Guidelines; ISM Code and ISPS requirements and class preferred
• Shoreside marine, technical and training experience required, particularly with regard to regulations and legislation
• Experience with small craft preferred
• Some shore commercial / managerial experience preferred
• UK driving license required
|>||Last application date: 10 June 2016.|
|svitzer.com||As applications are being handled on a daily basis, please note, that the vacancy may be filled earlier than the deadline indicated. Therefore you are kindly advised to apply as early as possible. Please ensure that within your application you submit your CV and a covering letter.|
Please also note, in order to be considered for this role, your must possess the right to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor visa applications for this position.
| ||For more than 175 years, Svitzer has been providing customised marine services to clients worldwide. Our diverse and purpose built fleet of 400+ vessels operates in more than 40 countries, providing tailored solutions in harbour, terminal and offshore towage as well as in salvage operations. The cornerstone of our business is an unconditional respect for each other and the world we live in. To achieve this, Svitzer sets the highest standards of training and knowledge in our industry, and encourages a culture of safety, innovation, and entrepreneurship amongst its employees. We stand ready to provide safety and support at sea.|