Sales Support Specialist - The Woodlands, TX
|TXLocalCommercial/Sales/Business Development||Ref.: ML-105271|
|Maersk Line, the global containerized division of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company.|
We are looking for a Sales Support Specialist in The Woodlands (Houston, TX) office.
|We offer you an exciting job opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our current and new customers.|
This position will support the outside Sales team to manage and grow assigned accounts in line with organizational strategy, goals, policies and processes.
* Build a good understanding of target customers (contact, commodities/ trade lanes, type of business, contract information/exceptions, and service requirements).
* Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market presence by effectively probing / identifying needs and suggesting solutions to help customers.
* Provide personalized service and build relationships with customers.
* Maximize impact of “transactional” sale through effective probing, and lead qualification.
* Track competitor information and market trends, suggest required action.
* Formulate and manage service contracts with customers.
* Ensure response for all sales leads/key correspondence within 24 hours.
* Communicate service or rate changes, notable trends, policies and other relevant information to assigned accounts.
* Assist with processing price quotes and rate negotiations.
* Effectively assist in problem resolution through delegation to corresponding internal department.
* Good working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and the ability to quickly grasp and work with new software.
* Ensure Customer Relationship Management tool (e.g. Salesforce.com) is updated with leads, targets, and related client information.
* Proficient with web-based software.
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate must possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition, and integrity.|
A Bachelor's Degree is preferred, but not required, with 2-3 years industry or equivalent sales experience. You must have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral). In addition, you must have organizational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritizing, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines. You must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
We are looking for someone who is interested in career development in outside sales with the potential for future relocation.
|maerskline.com||You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Local candidates only; no relocation assistance is provided.|
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
| ||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|