Carrier Management Associate
|MumbaiLocalSupply Chain/Logistics Operations||Ref.: DC-105173|
|• Acquire in depth knowledge of the Logistics business|
• Resource Management
• Conflict Resolution and Negotiation
|Key Responsibilities |
• Responsible for overall operational/service delivery for the account (both import & export)
• Acts as an escalation point for all regional or global operational issues.
• Establishes and sets up KPIs/Reports for sharing with internal parties
• Identifies & drives operational improvements/changes
• Monitors operational areas that are either in ‘Hyper-Care’ or have a scope for improvements
• Drives Daily/Weekly Operations Calls with each operational / Product team, updating key sales team members.
• Prioritizes Open Issue List for on-time resolution so that customer service is not hampered
• Ensures all Standard Operating Procedures/Contracts are adhered to and any fall-outs are addressed on a priority
• Regional coordination of Standard Operating Procedures requirements
• Reports to the Key sales responsible on service failures, operational challenges & their resolutions, improvements implemented, scope of work concerns, etc.
• Provide training to operations teams when required, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) reviews, systems training, etc.
• Assist in miscellaneous projects – internal and customer-centric
• Work with various teams to ensure that current challenge is resolved and a solution is designed to avoid them in future
• Assist in maintaining customer KPI dashboard or equivalent tool
• To be a point of communication between overseas teams and cluster Managers
Scope of Accountability
• Operations is strictly the responsibility of this role to provide efficient Service
Key Performance Indicators
• Customs Satisfaction Survey score
• External KPI’s – Meet client operations KPI Objectives
• Drive productivity improvements across the customer (this includes all operational, physical, services and financial aspects)
• Program development to meet / exceed / improve operations KPI objectives of client or account
|Who we are looking for|
• Bachelors degree from recognized university
• Minimum 2 years of experience from relevant industry.
• Strong knowledge of Internal Systems is needed i.e., FACT and other key DAMCO systems is desirable
• Experience of handling ocean team is needed.
• Experience in customer implementation is an added advantage.
• The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and other technical software
• The ability to effectively use technology ( laptop, phone, etc.) to communicate and maintain productivity while travelling is required
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong Communication and Negotiation skills.
• Consistent ability to meet and adhere to deadlines.
• Passion, initiative and drive to continuously develop and work with creativity and innovation.
• Solid operational background including supply chain operations, ocean, air and local origin services (trucking, customs, and milestone visibility).
• Strong problem solving skills and customer service skills.
• Ambitious and result oriented self starter with initiative and strong drive.
• Ability to travel frequently and stay on location during parts of the implementation
|>||Last application date: 31 May 2016.|
For further information, please contact: .
|damco.com||Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.|