Structural Inspection Engineer
|The purpose of the role is to manage the Structural Inspection Strategy and Program of the assets operated in the Al Shaheen field in accordance with Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) procedures and guidelines, legislative requirements, technical standards and industry best practice.|
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|• Ensure vendor personnel are pre-job briefed onshore, informed about offshore contact persons and informed about relevant HSE issues including relevant Offshore Safety Procedures (OSPs) before offshore mobilization.|
• Ensure all technical recommendations/repair strategies are formatted with sufficient detail that allows a seamless transition for planned execution.
• Support Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Near Miss actions, proactively follow-up on all relevant Synergi cases, ASTF findings and other relevant HSE issues within are of responsibility.
• Request vendor’s Mobilisation (including OVN’s, QP pass and IAP).
• Review and follow-up on offshore reports regarding wrong design, poor workmanship, noncompliance to MOQ standards; take appropriate action within level of authority.
• Act as responsible for the execution of structural inspections of jackets above and below water including splash zones, topsides and bridges.
• Planning and execution of inspection for platform Caisons.
• Responsible for the Inspection and Integrity of piping specific support components such as pipe hangers, compression supports, box section steel work and the like. Inspection to include visual including hot/cold set points and spring functionality. Inspection program to be developed and be risk based categorised by line being supported. Ensure effective vendor engagement to ensure set points are also maintained.
• Pro-actively assess the results of the inspection program and modify the strategy as required on a reactive or annual basis.
• Prepare and implement a risk base inspection and maintenance strategy for bolted structural connections.
• Prepare and maintain an inspection and maintenance strategy for fire and blast walls.
• Plan, prepare and schedule the conductor thickness measurement inspection campaign.
• Develop and maintain inspection drawings where necessary.
• Populate and maintain up to date database for the inspection findings with remedial actions where necessary.
• Establish scope of work for remedial offshore work related to findings including prioritization of findings.
• Issue yearly report with findings to third party verification authority for approval.
• Feedback inspections results, and communicate them to Engineering Department (for information management and further assessment).
|Who we are looking for|
|• University Degree in Structural Engineering or similar discipline.|
• Minimum 10 years of relevant oil & gas industry experience.
• Experience in structural integrity and management system
• Experience with design of and modification to large offshore structural installations.
• Broad experience of Risk Based Inspection related to structural components.
|>||Last application date: 28 December 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||• Fluent in written and spoken English.|
• Team player showing individual initiative, responsibility and integrity.
• Knowledge of structural steel design, static behavior of topside structures & associated principal failure modes.
• Good understanding of international codes and standards for Structural Design and Integrity Management.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|