Lead Drilling Engineer
|Would you like to make a real difference in how we do things at Maersk Oil? Then here is your chance to help deliver value to our organisation, supporting the streamlining of our Well Delivery process and operations planning, using your experience and operational knowledge to really add value. Join us and help develop our engineering teams and maturing assets. |
|A unique opportunity for a skilled professional with strong drilling engineering skills, knowledge of operation principles and experience with drilling engineering software applications. You will join the Wells department in the Drilling Engineering Discipline and report to the Head of Drilling Engineering.|
Based in Copenhagen, you will become part of a small leadership team with subject experts who provide guidance, support and direction to drilling engineers within the various projects. You will be focussed on managing the safe, efficient, assured and cost effective delivery of well programmes for both maturing assets and exploration well drilling to the Operation Teams. You get to enjoy a relaxed and engaging atmosphere where your colleagues provide you with support and constructive challenges.
You will have the opportunity to manage a dynamic group of drilling engineers. Some engineers are managed within project teams, but you will be directly responsible for supporting other engineers involved in both planning and operations. You will be the immediate focal point for all engineers as they look to you for development guidance, engineering support, advice and industry know-how. You will also interact with a variety of project managers within the Assets, our Corporate engineering team and key stakeholders.
|Your responsibility will be to assure our Well Delivery process. Thus, your job is to ensure that deliverables are standardised across the teams, adhere to corporate standards and legislative requirements, and that lessons and experience are transferred. As part of this, your key tasks will be to:|
• Support engineers regarding format and content of deliverables within standard and regulatory requirements, ensure engineering guidelines are updated as required, and implement updates in consultation with Head of Engineering
• Review documentation from engineers, providing technical assurance of methods used and conclusions delivered
• Provide assurance of well planning at Peer review sessions
• Act as focal point to maintain quality, and support engineers in Management of Change procedures during well planning
• Ensure planning lessons are effectively communicated and documented within the engineering group
• Help to develop our drilling engineers
|Who we are looking for|
|In this position, it is important that you are able to understand and ensure alignment of the Well Delivery Process deliverables and corporate standards for multiple projects and across the assets.|
• You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering combined with 10+ years of operational and well planning experience.
• You are proficient in drilling engineering, operations principles and software applications.
• You possess a high sense of quality as well as good organisational skills to track and support various engineers with deliverables with varying levels of support.
• You have excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with the various stakeholders, project leads and assets.
|>||Last application date: 17 August 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|