Head of Finance in our Danish Business Unit
|Are you a qualified accountant with strong leadership skills? Do you have finance experience from a technical organisation? Then come on board and play a key role in our cost transformation journey. You will head up the Finance Department of our Danish Business Unit (DBU) with responsibility for 20 financial specialists, 4 direct reports, and the financial side of a large operation with an annual spend of $1.3bn.|
|This is a position with excellent potential, if you are ambitious about taking the next step in your own development, impacting our business, and leading a professional Finance department consisting of 4 teams: Accounts Payable, G/L Accounting, Joint Venture Accounting and Business Controlling.|
The position is based in Esbjerg, where you will be surrounded by the positive atmosphere of an international workforce. The DBU is comprised by our offices in Esbjerg and Copenhagen, totalling around 700 highly skilled and motivated onshore employees.
You will also be part of the Global Finance Leadership Team in Maersk Oil and have close links to our Copenhagen headquarters. This gives you huge exposure along with the opportunity to shape the position in order to develop the teams and deliver superb change management on our cost transformation journey, aiming to improve performance and effectiveness.
|As Head of Finance, you will be responsible for the financial value chain of the DBU. Thus, you ensure that the DBU is in full compliance with financial and group requirements and lives up to IFRS.|
Using your leadership skills and accounting knowledge, you will look to improve both short and long term performance, e.g. by being a strong partner to the business, leading team leaders, and ensuring efficient operational and transactional processes.
Your responsibilities include:
• Leadership – set vision, strategy and direction, ensure employee motivation and development, drive a performance culture, and be a strong advocate for change
• Financial & management reporting – ensure high quality in management information and be accountable for integrity of financial statements, accurate accounting transactions and timely reporting e.g. to tax authorities
• Cost control and forecasting – handle financial planning for Forecasts, Long Finance and budgets, deliver instruments to drive cost efficiency, and ensure controlling is in place
• Risks and controls – ensure a solid control environment that complies with standards, promote good accounting practices and cost awareness, and be a focal point in financial audits.
|Who we are looking for|
|You will be challenged on your ability to lead the department in transition to new ways of working and with focus on cost transformation. So, you will need to have great communication and interpersonal skills, enabling you to motivate and develop people.|
Further, with your strong analytical skills and structured approach, you can turn complex matters into business concepts that are easily understood.
• A qualified accountant with a strong accounting or controlling background with focus on IFRS
• It is important that you have proven leadership experience and skills that enable you to be an agent and an advocate for change
• Finance experience from a technical organisation/environment is an advantage
• Advanced user of MS Office and ideally SAP
• You speak and write Danish and English fluently
|>||Last application date: 16 August 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|