|Maersk Tankers seeks a business oriented and experienced Solution Architect that has gravitas and strong influencing skills to connect the dots between business applications, IT operations and Maersk Tankers' infrastructure provider. |
|The Maersk Tankers Management team has defined a new and ambitious strategy for the company where the use of IT plays a vital role. Having reached the implementation phase we now offer the opportunity to join the journey redefining Maersk Tankers as the world’s leading product Tanker Company.|
Maersk Tankers offers an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
|The Solutions Architect is responsible for the development of the overall vision that underlies the projected solution and transforms that vision through execution into the solution. Reporting to the Head of IT Operations, your key responsibilities will include:|
- Designing and creating applications in collaboration with external providers.
- Applying your knowledge of Maersk Tankers to extract our specific requirements from a business case.
- Work closely with stakeholders at Group level critically evaluating initiatives which span across business units.
- Oversee aspects of project life cycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases for projects within different solution areas.
- Review system and solution documents from external providers. Create and maintain documentation for Maersk Tankers Solutions.
- Survey market landscape for solution insights, direction, vendors, and methods.
- Act as visionary and strategist for Maersk Tankers IT solution architecture.
|Who we are looking for|
|With the focus on combining and integrating components and services, the role of solutions architect is critically important. To be effective the Solutions Architect brings broad and deep technical skills and experience in heterogeneous hardware and software environments, to develop an overall vision for a solution that fits within Maersk Tankers enterprise architecture and integration requirements.|
You are experienced Solution Architect with a proven track record.
You have a Master of Science from a technical or engineering field. Ideally you have minimum 5-8 years of work experience of Solution Architecture in large scale organizations – preferably with a strong knowledge of Microsoft’s product portfolio.
As a person you are proactive and process-oriented, with an analytical and structured approach to problem solving. Furthermore, excellent interpersonal skills are a must - you are required to have strong written and verbal communications skills and must demonstrate the skills and maturity in your ability to respectfully and patiently influence at all levels and across all disciplines within the IT organization. The ideal candidate is MCA certified and has prior experience with maritime companies.
Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
|>||Last application date: 19 October 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maersktankers.com||Maersk Tankers owns and operates one of the largest product tanker fleets in the world – all built and operated in accordance with the highest standards for quality and reliability. We acquired our first dedicated tanker in 1928, and we’ve been expanding and improving our fleet to meet changing customer needs ever since. Driven by our innovative spirit and commitment to first-class service, we never stop striving to offer safer, more environmentally friendly and more cost-effective transport solutions for our customers around the world.|