Well Engineering Manager
|AberdeenLocalDrilling Operations Onshore||Ref.: MO-077601|
|The Well Engineer Manager will manage the Well Engineering function such that the MOUK assets values are optimized by strategies that integrate sub-surface objectives with well engineering solutions to enhance well performance through the life of the fields. Ensure that operations are carried out in accordance with the asset plan, policies, standards and procedures in an environment that promotes effective HSSEQ best practice.|
|• The development of effective management practices and procedures to ensure the integrity of MOUK installations and wells.|
• Ensure compliance with local statutory requirements as well as Corporate Wells requirements.
• Develop subordinate personnel to meet present and future MOUK objectives.
• Produce well designs, plans and procedures to enhance the value of MOUK assets.
• Manage the Well Delivery Process (WDP) and the Project Maturation Process (PMP) and ensure compliance with the processes.
• Approve scoping, budgetary and AFE-level well costs.
• Provision of technical and operational support to well operations.
• Establishing and amending quality and safety standards and policies relating to MOUK well operations.
• Authorisation of well programmes to ensure that they meet asset objectives.
• Integration of sub-surface objectives into well designs and programmes.
• Maintenance of MOUK management systems, (reporting, benchmarking, lessons learned, competence assurance, well design, operations standards, technical manuals, homepage, well files etc.
• Focal point for technical innovation and promotion of best practice.
• Custodian of MOUK Well Examination Scheme.
• Wells Representative on the Stage Gate Development Process or ensure delegation if required.
• Contract management of assigned contractors.
• Custodian of MOUK Competency system, “CasMax”.
• Manage OBO projects and partner liaisons as required.
• Manage MITAS Well-Site Engineers onshore/offshore training programme and performance appraisals via Well Engineering Focal Point.
• Where appropriate, position to provide input to major accident hazard management, in particular the prevention, detection, control, mitigation and response to major accidents.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Personal development and recruitment within the Well Engineering function (including MITAS training).|
• Integrity of well design, construction and well services procedures.
• Implementation of MOUK Management Systems and continuous improvement processes.
• Focal point for technical innovation and promotion of best practice in drilling.
• Protection of the Environment, Health and Safety in accordance with MOUK policy and procedures.
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|